Chapter 2

‘ Oh ! Mother of god ‘ . The man standing before Kate was the same man who knocked her over along with her coffee and precious chocolate muffin in the café and he was the world famous ‘Scott Miller’, She couldn’t believe her eyes  . ‘ Ok , maybe famous men are born rude! And how come she never thought of even googling this guy , just to see how he looks ’. She was shaken awake from her thoughts by Charles who was glaring at her oddly.

“Scott, What a pleasant surprise !  Take a seat and let me introduce you to your partner in crime for the next few months. “ Charles told the other man.

‘ Partner in crime ?! Next few months ?! ‘ These were the only words that Kate caught in the conversation Charles was having with Mr. arrogant and famous.

“ Hello Charlie , I am sorry for getting late but if you want, you can blame it all on the beautiful lady here.”  Scott grinned at Charles and eyed girl he ran into at the coffee shop. He knew it wasn’t her fault but he wanted to see if she would get infuriated at him.

Kate couldn’t believe her ears . She wanted to kick the man where the sun doesn’t shine for blaming her when everything was his fault. “ How the hell is it my fault ?” She threw her words at Scott. She forgot the fact that , this was her dream job and this man whose nuts she wanted to blow would be like a mentor and boss to her and also the fact that she was reacting this way in front of the Chief . She bit back her tongue as soon as she let the words run .’ There goes my first impression ‘ She thought and had the sudden urge to cry.

“ You ran into me…….. “ Scott told Kate with a smirk.

“ Umm .. you ran  into me and drenched me with my hot coffee. All your fault ! “

“Woo ,this one’s feisty Charles. The ‘Rawrrr’ type ! you want me to work with her? “ Scott questioned Charles with the smirk still playing on his lips.

Charles looked at the both of them trying to decipher the situation and with a confused expression he turned to them both. “I don’t get it, but you both don’t have a choice, either you work together or you both get out of my office right now !” Charles said calmly.

Charles and Scott knew each other from high school, they were in the same journalism club at school and Charles knew Scott was quite the ladies man. He had the charm and the good looks and was even good in academics , that Charles himself had a tiny crush on him even though he was happily married to his partner, Ronald. More than that Scott was a good friend to him,  always encouraged Charles , from opening up to his parents about his sexual interests to helping him overcome his mother’s death. Therefore when Charles became the Chief editor of ‘The Chicago Times ‘ , Scott decided to work with him by leaving his old,  better paid job.

Scott knew Charles wasn’t serious, Charles will succumb to Scott’s request of not wanting to work with this girl. But Scott wanted to work with her . She was pleasant to look at and seemed courageous enough, she snapped at him which many reporters in the field wouldn’t dare do because of his reputation. He looked at the girl, the expression on her face showed that she was angry and frustrated and nervous as well.

Kate was almost hyperventilating. Charles didn’t give her a choice and she had to work with Mr. Arrogant and Famous. She nervously looked at Scott and He winked at her on catching her look at him. Till then she hadn’t realized how good looking he actually was. So she had to work with Mr . Arrogant and Famous and Oh-So-Good looking . ‘  Please get me out of this alive.‘ She sent a silent prayer to god.

“ So, I take the silence of both the parties as acceptance “ Charles grinned at them both, he knew he left them no choice . “ So.. shall I proceed with the what you both got to do ?” He directed the question at them both.