Happy Birthday! ||D. Gray-Man - Miranda Lotto Birthday One-Shot||

Snow was falling silently as the morning sun tried to peek its way through the dark snow clouds. Miranda Lotto was making her way up the tall mountain that the Japanese Branch of the Black Order say. She had just finished a small assignment to retrieve a shard of Innocence that has revealed itself. It was her first solo mission in a long time, and she had been away for so long she was missing all her friends at the Order.

"Gatekeeper, I've returned. Please open up and let me in." Miranda spoke politely to the Gatekeeper.

"Welcome back Miranda." The Gatekeeper's voice bellowed as he opened up to let Miranda inside.

Right away Miranda went to the lower level of the Order to give the piece of Innocence to the keeper of the Cube and all the shards of innocence to Helvaska. Miranda had been doing well since she joined the Black Order. She's grown in many ways, but most importantly she's grown in confidence and strength. She was making her way back up from meeting with Helvasaka when a happy, cheerful voice called out to her.

"Miranda!! Welcome back Miranda!!"

Miranda turned to see Lenalee Lee running towards her with Allen Walker, Madeline Ashford, Lavi, Molly Winters, Yu Kanda, Aliya Volkov and Kamin Xain walking up behind her.

"Lenalee, everyone, it's good to be back. It was a long trip." Miranda wrapped her arms around the young female exorcist she had grown close to.

"Miranda, quickly, come with us. We have something to show you!" Lenalee stared to quickly pull Miranda away with her. Allen blindfolded Miranda on Lenalee's say so, which startled Miranda for a quick second.

"Lenalee?! What's going on?!"

"It's a surprise Miranda. Today is a special day for you Miranda. Don't you know what day it is?"

"What day it is? What do you mean?"

Miranda suddenly came to a quick stop. She could hear the doors to the dining hall open up. She was then escorted in a little further before she came to a stop again. The blindfold was then untied to show what Lenalee wanted to keep a surprise. When the cloth dropped it showed a room decorated for a party. A great banner went from one side of the room to the other that read HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Everyone from the Black Order was there.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRANDA!!" Everyone shouted at the same time. Miranda had totally forgotten that today was her birthday.

Light tears started to build up in her eyes. When everyone saw this, especially Lenalee, she started to panic.

"Miranda I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you or anything!!"

"No, it's not like that Lenalee. I'm... thank you Lenalee. Thank you, all of you. I had been away for so long that I had forgotten that today was my birthday. That's so like me to forget something like that." The tears continued to fill Miranda's eyes as she tried to shoo them away, but more continued to fall.

"Oh Miranda." Lenalee wrapped her arms around her again to keep her from crying.

After that everyone started having a great time. Lenalee placed a party hat on top of Miranda's head and Miranda watched as her friends were having the time of their lives. After a while of food and games Miranda needed to get some air.

Stepping out of the dining hall Miranda took in a deep breath as she stepped out into the hall. It was quiet and peaceful compared to the massive party that was happening just beyond the double doors that lead to the birthday party. The peaceful quite was broken when the doors opened once again. Miranda looked over to see Noise Marie stepping out into the hallway. There was a serious look on his face as he stepped up to Miranda with one hand behind his back.

"What's wrong Marie?" Miranda asked a bit concerned.

Marie cleared his throat but didn't say anything. He knelt down slightly as he pushed back Miranda's bangs and lightly kissed her forehead. A light plush then covered both their faces as Marie placed a small gift in Miranda's hands. Speechless, Miranda didn't know what to say as she slowly untied the ribbon that was on top of the small box. Opening it up there was a small gold necklace with a M.

"Th-thank you Marie." Miranda stuttered as she took the necklace out of the box and tried to clip it around her neck, but her fingers were shacking too much for her to do so. Marie took it from her and clipped it around Miranda's neck himself. With a small smile Miranda stood on her tip toes and lightly kissed Marie on the cheek.

Once again the two were overcome with a red blush as they stood in the hall in silence. Marie then wrapped his arms around Miranda and held her close to his body. Miranda took in the warmth of Marie's body, with a smile Miranda made the decision that today was the best birthday she has ever had.