1/1/2017

1

defiant /dɪˈfʌɪənt /
▸ adjective showing defiance:
a defiant gesture.
- DERIVATIVES defiantly adverb

defiance /dɪˈfʌɪəns /
▸ noun [mass noun] open resistance; bold disobedience:
an act of defiance
the demonstration was held in defiance of official warnings.
- ORIGIN Middle English (denoting the renunciation of an allegiance or friendship): from Old French, from defier 'defy'.

___________________///

Sensing wrongness

The knight was having some second thoughts to his king's order. Was killing the village children really benefit their kingdom, wondered the knight.

When he arrived to village his king ordered him to but as he stepped near his first task, the child ran up to him.

The child hugged him and it was the most baffling thing that ever happened to him.

"Did you come here to visit us sir!"the little girl said, judging by her voice.

It was the most enthusiastic and innocent voice he ever heard. And his heart broke, how could he ever kill those precious souls?

"Ah yes, i wanted to see all the amazing future heroes are doing" He smiled but his gruff voice betrayed him.

But the girl brightened by his response like he was her savior and now he think his heart really shattered this time.

He asked her if he could meet her friends so he could greet them too, and the little girl was delighted as she showed him each and every one of them.

As the knight saw them his resolve was decided, he won't kill the children of this village and he knows it was a defiant act against the king.

After meeting all the little girl's friend and memorizing all their names, he made 3 promises to himself.
1) he was going to lead a rebellion against the king.
2) he was going to stop anyone who is coming to do the job the king gave him.
And 3) he was coming back to tell all those kids the truth and save them.