07 || The Truth Will Set You Free

It's the next day. The day after Donnie and Gray had found each other and it is time to come face to face once again. They needed to work things out for their...their child. This is still hard for Donnie to take in and obviously, Gray is taking it the hardest. She is the one carrying the baby.

Sitting on top of her apartment's roof, Grayson sat on the edge, feeling the wind flutter her hair and tickle her cheeks and nose. She could feel the changes in the weather; a little nippy and gave her chills.

Her eyes gaze at the dark shade of black surrounding skyscrapers, the stars sparkling, and a plane high in the sky. She sighed, wondering what plan she'll come up with to support herself and the unborn she has inside her. Gray even began to question if she will be a good mother to this baby.

Unless there was a real-time machine, she can never take back her actions. She is living with the consequences and she will learn to accept them one day. Gray can't go to college and she can no longer achieve her dreams... At least not right now. 

As Gray looks up at the beautiful night sky, smiling at the stars, she heard a voice interrupting her. She turned her body toward the young man's presence and narrowed her eyes in disbelief. Donnie came close behind her, extending his hand out. "Gray! Don't jump!"

"What are you doing here?" She looked at him, somewhat thrilled and annoyed at the same time. It must be those hormones.

Donnie, who is disguised as a human, walked closer to her, his voice growing more concerned for her. "Just get off that ledge there."

Grayson rolled her eyes at Donnie. "Ugh!" She groaned. "I'm not gonna kill myself, stupid! But if you come any closer I'll throw your ass over!"

Now Donnie didn't like the sound of that. For some reason, he just felt like barking back at her since she was starting to become a smart-ass. "Hey, wait a minute! You walked out on me at five in the morning and I never heard from you. The next thing I know you're in my life again and you say you're pregnant like I know exactly what to do. I'm sorry, but... I don't know what to do."

Gray knew he was right. She did sort of push him away when he was in the apartment. "That's the best thing I've heard all night..."

Don sighed gently, coming to sit next to her on the edge. He isn't afraid of heights-- thanks to being a ninja. From this angle, he still thought he was beautiful and wanted to do his best by being patient and listening to every word she says. He needed to make sure things went smoothly for her. This won't be a normal pregnancy. "It's beautiful tonight." He says softly.

"Yeah." Gray nodded, glancing at Donnie for a brief moment. "Remember the World Trade Centers?"

"Sort of." Donnie shrugged. "I was young when..."

"Me too..." Gray replied sadly. "My great-grandfather helped build those towers in the 60s. He came from Central Mexico to help."

"Interesting." Don smiled at the fun fact she shared, looking at her mocha-colored skin and dark hair. Then, he watched her facial expressions go from easygoing to gloomy. 

Grayson put her hands together and stares at her lap. "My father is gonna kill me..."

Don cleared his throat, edging closer to her. "Do your parents know?"

"Nobody knows," Gray says to Donnie. "My dad is a very protective man when it comes to his only daughter."

"Gray, what can I do?" Don asked her, really want to be involved with her and the baby.

"I'll deal with it." She told him.

"No. Really. I want to help."

Grayson Fuentez looks into Donnie's eyes that sat behind a pair of glasses. "Maybe one thing..." She accepted his help after being asked multiple times. The thing she thought of is, "Meet my family."