BROADCAST ILLUSION

Dear Diary,
I'm about to start my broadcast, oh what fun this is going to be!
I wonder what I should do first? Should I make them cut themselves?
Oh all the possibilities.
Well, I shouldn't waste any time, i'd better go.
Signing, Kennith Simmons.
-
Case Two; Part One

"Alright, is this thing working?"

He took a few steps back, fumbling over stray cables. From somewhere within the house, he could faintly hear his own voice projecting through the living room television set.
"Kennith?" The muffled voice of his mother shouted. "Kennith, what the hell are you doing in there?"
He snickered, "I'm assuming we're on! Well, here goes nothing." With the flick of a switch, COLORBARS was live. An intricate pattern of vivid, pulsating colors was projected onto a chroma key backdrop behind him. Accompanying the visuals were finely-tuned frequencies, blasted through the sound system at such a high volume it'd be impossible to hear one's own thoughts. He spoke into the microphone; a cheap, broken model he found and patched up from an electronics store.
"Can you still hear me? Wait, hold up," he slipped out of the camera's view for a few seconds to fiddle with the audio mix. "Here, let's try something: Scream as loud as you can if you can hear me."
The neighborhood roared with the voices of it's residents, and Kennith burst into a fit of laughter. "It worked! Oh my fucking god, it worked!" He took a moment to collect himself, then returned his attention to the camera. "Well, let's start off by telling y'all what this is," he motioned behind him to the green screen, drawing the audience's attention to the colorful presentation. "See this? I made it myself," he spoke with a matter-of-fact tone, "And you hear that ringing noise? Made that too. The frequencies of the audio mixed with the pulsating visuals create an electromagnetic field strong enough to brainwash someone." He put a finger up to his lips, "I mean, not like any of you are smart enough to comprehend that."
"You know, I had always wondered what it'd be like to see an entire country shut down," Kennith begun swinging the microphone around, careless as to whether or not it broke. "Hell, what would it be like if everyone died, all at once? Now, I could certainly cause that, couldn't I? Nobody wants me around, so why should I give a damn in return?"

Kennith paused, then let out a small, forced laugh.

"But I think it's a little early in the evening for that, isn't it? I mean, the party's just started, right?"

To be continued...

-
I legit just copy and pasted this from the description of the song "BROADCAST ILLUSION"
The only thing I wrote was the diary entry.
THE COPIED AND PASTED PART BELONGS TO GHOST!!