;one;

-Luna's P.O.V-

I adjusted the graduation cap on my head and fixed my askew glasses. I was what people called a 'geek', or a 'freak' as the other popular people called me. I say other because I was considered to be part of a popular group. Well, at least my best friend was. Jessie Connor has been my best friend since pre-school. Looking over at her I can't help but always feel jealous. She was fit and tan. She had beautiful brown hair with natural blonde low-lights. Her light blue eyes made her face brighter than it always was. I was the opposite. I had dyed my hair the day I turned seventeen, it was now a dark blue with dark purple low-lights. My skin was pale as snow, and my forest green eyes only made the freckles on my nose stand out more. I hated myself. I was also called 'emo freak' and I was constantly told that I didn't belong anywhere. Ya, I have a lot of insecurities. But all of my friends helped with the pain. My friend group consisted of Jessie Connor, Jasper Ried, Jake Larkin, Anna Ried, Hayes Anderson, Ethan Clarkson and Me, Luna Martin. We also used to be friends with a girl named Amy Jenson, but she became a bitch. I felt a squeeze on my hand. Looking down I saw Jessie's neatly manicured hand attached to mine. Looking up at her face I smiled. Looking back up to the stage the principle had finally finished her speech and was calling up people to give them their diplomas. 

Jessie was called up. I watched her as she walked up. As she walked onto the stage, I saw all of the school fuck-boys in the front staring at her ass. Pigs. Looking back at the stage I watched as Jessie accepted her diploma and the auditorium exploded in applause. She walked off the stage in a graceful manner. Her baby blue dress flowing behind her. Her dress was nice. It stopped just before her knees, the back was a lace design, along with the sleeves, and she had silver heels to match. My outfit wasn't as nice. I was wearing combat boots that had heels, my dress stopped just below the knees, my dress was black and sleeveless, the top of the dress was a Celtic design and the bottom flowed out. Jessie's hair was in a braid-bun and I had left my hair down, but I had straightened it. The principle seemed not to be going in alphabetical order because her next words changed my life.

"Luna Martin," The world stopped. My heart beat picked up. My breath hitched. Finally getting my knobbly knees to hold my weight I started to walk towards the stage. As I reached the stage I was expecting to look out to a bunch of laughing people, but all I saw was my friends smiling at me, Jessie was giving me a thumbs up. Taking a deep breath I walked towards the headmaster. Smiling I accepted my diploma and the auditorium was exploding with applause, my older brother, Sam, being the loudest. I smiled at him. He was my legal guardian of two years now, ever since my parents died in a car crash. But Sam and I don't talk about it. We weren't like other siblings, we never fought and he took care of me and I cared for him. We're best friends.

Walking back to my seat I smiled, I had finally completed this hell hole.

~Jasper's P.O.V~ 

I watched as she walked up to the stage. Her blue hair was bouncing behind her. I had a crush on Luna since grade seven. Pathetic kind of, but hey, she's absolutely perfect. I watched as she walked off the stage and back to her place beside Jessie, three rows ahead of me. 

I sat there, patiently waiting. I watched as the rest of my friends walked up. Finally, it was my turn. I walked up to the stage, my head held high. I wouldn't call myself confident, or manly, but I could be when I needed too. I walked up the small flight of stairs, walked to the principle, shook her hand and accepted my diploma. I smiled at my friends, my family. I looked to my mother and younger sister, Anna. I quickly walked off stage and sat back down beside my best friend, Jake Larkin. 

"We did it man," I whispered to him. He didn't answer, he was too busy staring at the back of Jessie's head. He's liked her since freshman year. I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

The rest of the ceremony was a blur.

~~~~~

We, we being our entire friend group, were planning to meet at the front of the school, along with our families. Jake and I walked there together, our diplomas held tightly in our hands. Jake's mom and dad, my mom and sister were walking behind us, having a quiet conversation. Once we reached the front our entire group was there. I smiled as we ran up to them. Ethan ran up to use and wrapped his arm around our necks. We all laughed.

I couldn't wait for university.