Nova Reign

Reaching into her pocket, Nova grasped her blade tightly, feeling it's familiar shape as she carefully scanned her surroundings. Ever vigilant of the sounds of night around her, she moved silently with deadly intent. There had been some bad reports coming out of this particular neighbourhood recently. She shouldn't be risking the exposure, the last thing she needed was for some jackass thinking he could mug her, but she had to follow any and all leads where they appeared. Any tiny trace of what she was looking for was worth investigating, was worth the risk of being recognized. Years of practice and living in hiding has turned her into a night-stalking, back-alley-slithering, creep -through-the-shadows hardened bitch. It was a facade Nova clung to, it was essential for her survival that she know how to defend herself. For 10 years she has honed her abilities as a deadly assassin, accepting anonymous contracts and getting the job done swiftly, efficiently and quiet enough that she had made a respectable name for herself. Nobody could trace her - but she got the job done so what did they care?

Secrecy was her only true weapon against the people out to capture her. She knew they were still after her, after all these years they hadn't given up. Bastards. Nova hadn't slept one night without her 9 inch blade tucked underneath her pillow. Most times always tight in hand. If they found her, they sure as hell weren't leaving without spilling their share of blood on the floor. Let them try to sneak up on her while asleep, her reaction was an automatic response she had no control over. Nova shivered as memories struggled to surface through her mind, she curled her fists and stomped them down. She had to concentrate. A familiar tingle crawled up her spin. She pushed it aside and drew her jacket closer around her. Even in sleep Nova still could never rest. Not until she found the antidote that would eradicate the virus pulsing through her veins. Her blood was the key, and if the people after her were any indication of what she unlocked, Nova was certain it wasn't a roomful of puppies and kittens.

>> to be updated <<