Chapter 3

I wake up, surprised to find that I'm in my own room.
Alone.
With my clothes on.

Well, this is a good start of the day.

Who took me home last night?
I don't know.
What happened at the party?
I don't remember.
The last thing I remember is that I saw Ethan.
He was there, I don't know why, I don't know with who, but i saw him.

And this time it was real.

I wasn't dreaming. I know it.

My clothes smell like alcohol, so I decide to take a shower.
The water pours down and drips by my side, as my mind fades into dullness and everything is a foggy illusion. The sensation of the steamy water calms me. It takes my mind of things. All the things I honestly don't care about. It's the water.
My mind swirls, and it's like I'm standing under an everlasting waterfall.

Ever so beautiful, but it can never last, I know that now.

Just like my story with Ethan.

************************************

Someone knocks on the door of my room, while I'm getting ready.
It's probably dad.
I open the door and see him, holding a tray with bowl full of cereal and a glass of orange juice.

"How are you, hunny?" he asks with a worried look on his face.

"Everything is alright, dad." I smile.

"I thought you're not feeling well, so I brought you breakfast." he says and enters the room, putting the tray on my bed.

"I was just having a shower" I say while putting my hair up in a high ponytail, "thanks, dad".

"I wanted to tell you something" he says while rubbing his neck, then continues "your mother called, she wants to see you, maybe it'd-".

"Don't start with this again, dad." I cut him off.

"Well, at least I tried." we both laugh and he exit the room.

I can't believe she is trying to keep in touch with me.
After everything she did to me and dad.

She cheated on dad, when he was taking care of me in the hospital, after the car accident.

I was 9 years old, but I remember the day they splitted like it was yesterday.
I was crying in the sordid hospital bathroom, while they were arguing in the hallway. I was praying to God they won't get divorced.

Now, I'm 17 and happy that she is not a part of our family anymore. I haven't talked with her from the day she left us. It's just me and dad, and it couldn't be better.

6 PM

I look at the mirror for a last time, take my phone and run downstairs.

"I'm going out for a walk, dad"

"Bye, hun, stay safe" he says and I leave the house.

I dial Lisa's number.
Maybe she know what happened at the party.

"Sup, hoe"

"Nothing much, I wanted to ask you something"

"Go on"

"What happened at the party yesterday, Lisa?" I ask and she laughs.

"Well, I don't know, you just disappeared."

"Dude, how you don't know?"

"I don't know Mi, I saw you with Christian and the next second you were gone. That's all" she says and I sigh.

"Okay, talk to you later."

But who took me home?

I'm wandering through the dark streets of Jersey. It's quiet. I see no one  around.
It's just me and my thoughts.

One part of me wants to think, that Ethan is the one, who took me home, but the other part of me knows, that this is impossible.

I hear what sound like footsteps behind me. My pulse ramps up.
"Calm down, Mia" I say to myself "You're just imagining things".
But then I hear them closer and closer. My breathing is harsh.

I can hear my heart pounding loudly in my chest, when someone puts his hand on my shoulder and turns me around.
I'm about to slap the stranger, but then I see that this is Christian. A wave of relief goes through my whole body.

"Gosh, Christian." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Did I scare you? Sorry, babe"

"What do you want?"

"Yesterday I took you home, you were drunk, babygirl. I went to your house to check if you're okay, but your dad said you're out."

Well, it wasn't Ethan who took me home..

"..and then I saw you walking alone and came to see ya. I was so worried, Mia."

"Chris, I think I told you something yesterday."

"What do you mean, hun?"
"I'm done with you. I'm so tired of your games."

"Are you talking seriously right now?!" he yells.

"Yup. We. Are. Done."

"You will never find someone else like me, Mia." he is shortening the distance between us and then grips my neck.

I'm scared. My breath stops. But I can't show him.

"Well, that's the plan." I say and spit on his face.

He is about to hit me, but someone cut him off with a punch.
Instead of looking who had pushed him, Christian tried to save himself from falling, but it didn't work.
A foot came up from the pavement and kicked Christian in the face. Christian tried to pull the stranger's leg. Blood was coming out of his mouth.
He was struggling, but then he managed to gather force with which to fight his opponent. However, after a few seconds Christian was knocked down by my savior.

"Never dare to approach her again or you'll end up at the graveyard" the boy says while he gets up.
His voice sounds familiar.

He comes closer and I don't know whether to cry or laugh.
It's Ethan.
I just freeze.
My heart is pounding as fast as never before.
I can feel his hot breath on my skin.
A single tear falls down my cheek.

"I'm here, don't worry" he says and my heart breaks into million pieces.

This is the last thing I hear or see, everything gets black as I fall on the cold pavement.

PEACE!😂💝