Lean On Me

Wyatt limped out of the medic room as Rufus ran into him. "You've gotta let me drive you home." he said. "I can still get a cab." Wyatt protested. "You're in no condition to do so." Rufus stated. "Rufus, buddy, I know you mean well, and your offer is very thoughtful, but I can take it from here." Wyatt argued. "You could've lost your life back in time!" Rufus cornered. Wyatt sighed, knowing he was defeated. "Okay, you win." he said softly. Rufus looked at him and could tell he didn't feel good, so he just simply led him out of the building. Once they got into his car, Wyatt sunk into his seat. "I need directions." Rufus said once more. Wyatt just smiled. "Thank God for GPS's." he joked. Rufus almost turned on his GPS when Wyatt stopped him. "I'll just tell you." he said. "Are you sure?" Rufus asked concerned. "Yeah, I'm sure." Wyatt answered as he let out a stray yawn. Rufus took off, and within minutes, they were at Wyatt's.

While getting out of the car, Rufus assisted him. "I can't be dependent." he said. "Right now, you are." Rufus stated. Wyatt just ignored what he said. Upon entering his room, he changed into some baggy sweatpants and a sweatshirt. He knew he had to go to bed, but didn't want to make Rufus feel awkward. "You have a nice place." he said. "Thanks." Wyatt thanked. He pulled the sheet out to get ready for bed. "You DO need your rest." Rufus said. Wyatt immediately climbed into bed as he felt no hesitation. Rufus went in the bathroom to get some water. Wyatt closed his fatigued eyes in an attempt to just rest them because he didn't want to fall asleep on Rufus. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. It wasn't until right after when Rufus brought the glass of water and set it on the nightstand when he heard the gentle snores coming from him. He patted the soldier's shoulder before leaving and going to his own home.