chapter 2

i use a makeup wipe and remove the remains of what was once my make up off my face and take off my clothes. i climb in the shower and i have some time to think.

is it a date or just a friendly dinner?
do i dress fancy or comfy?
i've never thought of alfie as if i could date him, i don't know how he feels about me.

i wash my body and my hair and get out the shower to re apply my makeup and get dressed. i've decided i'm going to go for fancy clothes as the hotel we are staying in is quite posh.

i go for 'velvet teddy' lip stick by mac and a nude face. i go over to my suitcase and rummage around for something nice to wear.

'chummy, what are you looking for?' louise says and looks in my direction.

'finding some clothes to go to dinner with alfie'

'with who?!'

'erm... alfie'

louise spins around and faces me, i can see her face has lit up.

'oh my god chummy!'

i give her a puzzled look

'what?!'

'you're going on a date with alfie!'

i roll my eyes and carry on searching through my suitcase covering the floor in clothes.

'i wouldn't call it a date'

louise giggles and turns back to the laptop,

'we'll see'

i sigh and then i spot the perfect dress. it is black and figure hugging with lace on the arms and around the neckline. i put it on and i think it looks really nice.

'chummy,' i walk out into the bedroom 'what do you think'

louise looks at me and her jaw drops to the ground floor of the hotel.

'you look stunning chummy'

i smile and walk back to the bathroom to check my phone.

17:53 pm

i text alfie that i'm about to leave and i get my shoes on and walk down to the lobby. i'm there first so i stand my the reception and text louise.

zoe: chummy he's not here yet
louise: chill he's probably late
zoe: have i over dressed
louise: even if you have you look beautiful and alfie is so lucky
zoe: were not dating chummy! 😂
louise: i reckon in a week you will be
zoe: shut up  😂
louise: have fun 😂

i slip my phone into my clutch and look out the window until i spot alfie. relief floods my body as i see him in a tuxedo, he looks so handsome and he's done his hair but it still looks perfectly messy.

'ready to go?' alfie says and takes my arm.

'yep' i say and smile.

we get to the restaurant and find a table, it's tucked away in the corner so it's nice and quiet, it's also quite dark but a nice kind of dark. alfie pulls my chair out for me and i sit down and r sits opposite me.

we look at the menus and decide waht to eat and order when the waitress comes.

there is a moment of awkward silence until alfie breaks it with a simple,

'so how are you?'

'oh i'm great thanks, how are you?'

'couldn't be better'

there's another moment of silence until the waitress comes and gives us our food. it looks delicious, i went for a beef lasagne and alfie got chicken fillets in some kind of sauce.

we both tuck in. suddenly alfie's fork reaches out to my plate and he steals a fork full of my dinner.

'hey!' i laugh and take a piece of his chicken and place it in my mouth, it's kind of lemony.

i eat the chicken and alfie just laughs.

we finish our main and then the pudding menu gets delivered.

menu:

sticky toffee pudding
lemon meringue pie
ice cream

'wow, impressive menu' alfie says sarcastically.

i laugh.

'want to share something?' i ask

'yeah, what?'

'you pick' i insist

'no you can' alfie arugues

'fine, let's get the sticky toffee pudding' i say to the waitress and she she's our order.

'this had been a really great night' alfie smiles at me.

'yeah, i love it so far' i agree

the waitress comes with our pudding and as soon as she leaves we realise there's only one spoon.

'you can have it' alfie insists.

'how about we share?' i say, signalling the spoon.

alfie takes the spoon and takes a chunk of the pudding and places it to my mouth.

'open wide here comes the plane' he laughs

he guides the spoon to my mouth and i eat the pudding.

'you're so weird' i laugh

'good weird or bad weird'

'good weird' i smile

we finish the dinner feeding each other like aeroplanes.

let's just say that was amazing.