Chapter I: Getting Over You

"Gettin' Over You" by David Guetta

xx

"Sam is crying again because of humiliation", Tessie said.

It's the start of the new school year again, but people still haven't moved on. The video starring Sam slipping and getting dirty leftovers all over her white clothes made rounds in the school's social circle and was the trending video all summer. There were a lot of memes, gifs, and mash-ups that followed that one will begin to think that people who sensationalized the video have lots of free time on their hands.

"Y'know, we really have to teach that asshole a lesson!" Winona declared, referring to Sam's ex. Winona is the chubby, but 'sexy' friend of Sam and Tess. She already knows the ways of dating in the teenage world and is seen as a bad influence of those around her. Being large and intimidating, she is widely considered the Queen B(itch) of the school, but to her most intimate friends, Winona is fiercely loyal.

"Let's TP his house!" Antoinette suggested. If Kim Chiu is the Philippine's "Chinita Princess", Antoinette is a 'Chinitang Pranses'. She's part Filipino, part Chinese, and part French. She's the most charming among their clique, and she can literally wear anything but still have that fashionable air and 'je-ne-sais-quoi' about her.

"No, Antoinette! That would cause or might cause trouble with the law," Hiyas chastised. Another chubby and bubbly friend. Usually, she'd be behind the scheming and all the shady actions of the girls, but because she's facing two weeks of community service, she chose to tone down the antics and lie low, at least for a while.

"I know...! I'll steal his homework. Let's steal his clothes in gym time and put chili in his boxers. Consider the deed done," Patricia said, having just texted her boyfriend to make him do the dirty work ."Let's video him being silly and spread it. Just like what he did to Samantha." Patricia was the new student in their group. The rest only met her in their second year, but they really warmed up to her because she's nice and fun to be around, in addition to being really smart.

Karma quickly followed Skye. Knowing that Samantha wouldn't do anything this petty for revenge, the girls made sure to do it for her. Due to Skye's embarrassment being seen in his undies – later nearly his birthday suit and on video, he opted for the school's distance education program and migrated to Germany.

When Samantha found out about it, all thoughts of not being petty went out the window. The jerk deserved it; she even did the honors of uploading the video online.

"Karma is digital," Samantha said. She did not forget to write it in her journal.

***

June 17

I haven't written for quite a while now. It's because Tessie and I went on vacation and I barely had the time to write. Yup. We went on holiday for the long weekend. I desperately needed that break. Mom, dad, and Tobey are away on a business trip again to go to the Berlin office of the company where mom works. I wanted to go with them. Tobey isn't in Berlin, though. He's with our grandparents at their vacation house in Boracay. Lucky kid. Over the weekend, Tessie and I went to Boracay. The other gals didn't come with us because they each had their own personal plans.
Tess and I met a guy there. He's half Portuguese. As it turns out, he's a neighbor of my grandparents!. They're not well-acquainted, but because Tess wanted me to totally forget about Skye, she introduced me to the guy. When I met him, it's like I've forgotten my own name too. Hahaha.

My oh my, he's so perfect. Tall, dark, and handsome. His mother is Filipina and his Portuguese father resides in The Netherlands now. He is here to study. We're almost the same age. He's just a year ahead. He's also really, really nice and he's such a gentleman. He said he spent 5 years in England and the rest of his life here in the Philippines.