BEFORE

"SHOTS!" Scott held out my glass, grinning.

I accepted the glass willingly. "Because our siblings are assholes!"

"I can't believe they left us," he said after he slammed the shot back.

I shrugged him off, searching around the bar. We were one of five guests in here tonight and I was starting to feel desperate.

We helped Taylor and Hayze load up the rest of their belongings today. They finally found a permanent home, and I know I should be happy about it, but I'm not. I tried to pout, but the alcohol pounding through my veins left me giddy.

"Where's everyone at?"

"It's a Tuesday," I reminded him, my speech was slurred.

He looked at me as if I'd grown two heads. "We partied every night when I was here."

"Is that why your dropped out?"

He laughed. Holding up his beer to clink against my drink. "You may have a point. So, what now?"

"Shea's moving in," I said. It wouldn't be the same as having my brother and best friend around, but she would help.

"Is she there tonight?" He asked, grinning from ear-to-ear.

I knew what this meant with Scott. I always rolled my eyes and turned him down. But tonight, maybe it's the alcohol, maybe it's the way those baby blues watch me through hooded, drunken eyes, it might work for him.

I sucked the rest of my jack and coke down and slammed my glass on the table. "Wanna find out?"

I didn't wait for him to respond. I left the bar through the side exit, waiting to see what would happen next. The logical part of me knew he should walk away; we shouldn't ruin our friendship because we're drunk and lonely. But the logical part of me was drunk, the drunk me wanted him to bend me over on the hood of his truck.

"Don't be a tease," he said, walking up behind me.

Grinning, I kept walking. "I'm anything but a tease."

Grabbing my wrist, he spun me around and pushed me against the side of his truck. I didn't have to give him the go ahead, he pushed his lips against mine, and I was hooked. I knew without a doubt; our friendship was damaged.