Mr. Immature (Chapter 8)

“Hey simpleton, get your lazy ass out of bed and help me with breakfast!” Vladimir called from outside the tent. Oh perfect, a new nickname she thought sarcastically.

“Are you going to help or not, blockhead?” I haven’t even been awake for 2 minutes yet and I have already been called blockhead and simpleton. Emmy got out of the tent, wincing at the bright sun. When her eyes adjusted, she found Vladimir cooking bits of fresh deer meat on a stick over a fire. He must have gone hunting.

“Finally!” she resisted the urge to flip him off.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Go pick some of those berries over there”

“They’re right behind you!”

“Just do it moron”

“You’re a piece of shit”

“And you’re a dimwit. Now, get to it” as Emmy passed her mate to get the berries behind him, she punched Vladimir as hard as she could on the shoulder.

“OW! What the hell are you made of!?” she held her throbbing hand to her chest as he laughed at her stupidity.

“Just go pick those berries or you get no breakfast” Emmy’s stomach growled loudly at the threat. She always got cranky when she didn’t get enough sleep or hungry and this morning, was no exception. The hard forest floor dug into Emmy’s back and the closeness of her mate made for a restless night. Also, she hasn’t eaten since yesterday morning.

She fit as many blackberries as possible in her small hands, showing her haul to Vladimir.

“Not enough. Get more” Emmy bit back a serious of rude remarks and did as she was told.

“Here” he handed her a large leaf with cooked deer on it and some berries on the side.

“Thanks!” she moaned loudly at the taste.

“This is delicious!”  Vladimir turned his face away from the happy smile on her face. I did NOT enjoy that moan he told himself, even though his pants started to feel a little tighter.

“Darla loved it when we would go on our camping trips together” his chest aching with pain at the thought of his now ex-girlfriend he still had deep feelings for. I miss her.

“Oh” Emmy hung her head so he won’t see her tears.

“We’re going to go bathe, so hurry up” Vladimir stood up from where he was sitting on the ground and went to the tent to grab some clean clothing.

She quickly stuffed the last piece of meat into her mouth and went to check on her clothes. Some of them were still wet so she grabbed white jean short shorts and a light blue tank top. She grabbed a pair of matching white lacy undergarments and slightly damp hiking boots.

“Ready?” Vladimir came out of the tent in nothing but a pair of black loose running shorts and his hiking boots. Two white towels were tossed over his shoulder and he held a plastic bag in his hands. Emmy’s breath hitched and she tried not to drool at the sight. Man, he is hot!

“Here” she clumsily caught the white towel thrown at her.

“Come on” he made his way through the trees, Emmy following closely on his heels.

 _____________________________________________________________________________

The waterfall glistened like a million crystals in the morning light as it fell gracefully into the large pool beneath. Emmy hung her white towel on a branch that hung low over the water, her feet sinking into the soft green moss. This place is beautiful! she thought.