Andrew & Danielle

"...and Connor Love intercepts the pass to Galkin...he's got a breakaway...he shoots... and it rings off the crossbar...Reynolds quick to gather the puck... he shoots...he scores!  Senior Captain Andrew Reynolds has scored a major goal for the Bulldogs! They are now winning three to two with less than two minutes left in the game."

"Nice going there Connor."

"Yeah Love you almost cost us the game."

"Now, now boys don't be so hard on the little guy, it's not his fault the only thing he's good at is reading and making me look even better than I am," Andrew said as he entered the locker room after the game.

The other boys laughed and just as Connor was about to reply, Coach Murphy came into the locker room.

"Nice game tonight boys, that's how I like to see you play." He turned to Andrew and added, "Reynolds, nice goal, you played exactly like a captain should tonight."  Then as he was walking out of the room, he passed Connor and said, "Better luck out there next time, bud."

            "Better luck next time, bud" Andrew mocked once the door closed.

            "Shut up Andrew," Connor said.

            "Excuse me?"

            "You heard me, Andrew."

            "Listen, it is not my fault you can't shoot a puck to save your life."

             "You got one goal, so what?  Stop acting like you're the king of the world."

            "Oh, but bud, I am the king of the world."

            "Oh please, the king of the world can't even get a date to the Winter Formal."

            "Okay first of all, those dances are always wicked lame.  And second, I could get a date if I wanted one."

            "I bet you couldn't get Dani to go with you."

            "I bet she'd go with me if I asked."

            "What are you willing to bet?"

            "I'm not making a bet with you, Love, why don't you go read a book or something."     

            "Why are you so afraid to make the bet?"

            "I'm not afraid, I just don't want to."

            "Because you're scared you'll lose."

            "You know what, fine, I'll do your stupid, little bet, but when I win, you have to wear the Bulldogs costume to the formal."

            "If you win.  And if I win you have to tell Coach you don't feel well and can't play in the game on Wednesday."

            "The game against Bridge Gate?  That's one of the biggest games of the season."

"Take it or leave it."

"Fine...deal...whatever."

            "Shake on it."

            After they shook hands Connor left the locker room and Andrew went back over to his bag to finish packing his stuff up.

            "Hey, are you sure this bet is a good idea?"  Andrew's friend, Colton, asked.

            "Yeah, bro, I'm not too sure about this."  Maverick said.

            "Guys, come on, I got this.  Daniela comes to almost all the games anyway, I'm sure she'd love to go to the formal with a hockey player."