Lullaby

I opened my eyes. I was in a bedroom with Kassy. We were hiding from something. The door swung open and a group of teenage boys came in and hid from us. I spotted one with red hair. He stood up and left. I followed him. His hair was blood red and it went to his shoulders. He wore a black hat and brown eyes. He looked like a skater boy. “I’m Jesi.” I told him. “Derek.” He responded dully. “I’m going to follow you.” I said. “Okay.” He replied. I followed him as he rounded corners and walked long hallways. He seemed content that I was there with him. He was talking to himself, trying to figure out where he was going. He sounded like the lead singer of Escape the Fate when they did a cover of Smooth. I loved it. I began humming the song and he looked at me with a grin. He started running and I followed. We came to something that looked like a mall but all the stores were closed. He led me to a spiral staircase and we walked up. We got up there and there were dozens and dozens of the kind of tables you see in movies when people go on dates. A candle in the middle and two wine glasses over a white tablecloth. He went over to the escalator and sat down next to them. I sat beside him. Then I fell down. I fell down the escalator. It was terrifying as I heard Derek shout my name. I closed my eyes and was gone. I opened them and I was still sitting with Derek at the escalators. I never fell. It was just my paranoia.  I sighed and moved to sit on the other side of Derek, where I was farther from the escalator. I looked at him and that’s when I realized who he was. A man came out of nowhere and shouted my name. It wasn’t a normal man. He wasn’t exactly human. I got up and ran up to another floor. This floor was dark and the floor had holes in it. I stepped over all the loose carpet and holes to a dead end. I looked around hearing the man’s footsteps. I ducked into the janitor closet. That’s when I noticed the huge window. I ducked behind the door and grabbed the phone on the desk. I could call for help! No, the man would hear me. Suddenly, Derek came out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. He pulled me towards the man. “No! What are you doing!?” He spun me towards the man and the man toppled over. I looked at Derek. He used me as a weapon. I smirked. We think the same way. I jumped over the man, accidently-on-purpose kicking him in the face. Derek and I ran back to the bedroom where I saw him for the first time.  It was completely empty. Literally empty. It was just a white open space. I stood there in the middle of the open space. Derek stood beside me.

   I woke up. What a strange dream.