The Library

"So... I guess our next destination is the Library," Harry said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah.." I agreed. "Okay, we should head there then."

We all got up and opened the door.

"Stay quiet," Claire reminded.

We moved towards the library, nothing happened.

I pushed open the door and walked in. It was empty. All the teachers were gone.

"Okay guys," I sighed, "There are more than thirty sofas in this library, and around ten of them are close to walls, search behind them, and if you find anything, call for us, is that clear?"

Everyone nodded and headed off to different locations in the library.

"Nothing here," I mumbled, as I failed to find anything behind one of the couches.

I saw everyone walk to different couch's, checking once, twice, thrice, still no avail.

"Guys, anyone found anything?" Riley yelled.

"No," Harry sighed.

"Guys, this is hopeless, she's going to find us if we don't find anything soon," I declared.

"I've checked everywhere, there's nothing there," Claire said, slouching her back.

"Is this the only library?" Riley questioned.

I arched my eyebrow.

"What I mean to say is, has this always been the only library? Haven't there been any others?"

"Yeah, how to we know if there weren't two libraries?" Claire agreed.

"Hmmm, maybe this wasn't the first library," I said walked over to the front desk.

"How old is this school...." I said looking at the school logo on the wall.

Scarwood Senior High

1932-2017

"Guys, this school has been running for more than a hundred years, surely this library hasn't been here for that long!" I said, putting the pieces together.

"Good point, Scarlet," Harry appreciated, "But how to we know that for sure?"

"Hmm," I thought, "I don't know."

"But I do," Claire jumped. She rushed to the librarian's computer and went to the school website.

"School Portal.... Library... About us... History.... Ah ha!" She mumbled. "See, it clearly says here."

She pointed to the screen.

Our History

Scarwood High's Library has always been the states best school library. Since its construction began, back in the 70's, we knew that this library was going to make history. Now, as it stands in front of the also magnificent canteen, it still holds the crown for being the best Library in the state.

Look, there's a before and after picture!" Claire pointed out.

"Remind you guys of anything?" I asked

"Nup," Claire commented.

We all examined the picture for a long time.

"See these archways?" I pointed out, "Is there anything like that in the school?"

"Hey," Harry pointed,"That looks like the Digital Technology room!"

"Hmm... think about it, it does!" I agreed. "Claire, do you think you could print a picture of this page out."

"Nah I'm too lazy, but I can take a picture from my phone!" Claire exclaimed.

"Yeah, use that rubbish and we're getting nowhere," Riley spat.

"Hey, it's a perfectly working iPhone 3!"

"Guys, here's the picture, let's go," I sighed. I showed them the picture that I got from my phone.

"Ooooohhh! What's that!" Claire said, drooling over my phone.

"It's an iPhone... 6s," Harry said, holding Claire's phone as though it was a rotten piece of fruit.

"Why did they skip from iPhone 3 straight to iPhone 6s?" Claire asked.

Everyone sighed, Claire was actually really old fashioned.

"And why is it so skinny? I mean, what if you drop it?"

"How about we go?" I smiled, changing the topic.

"Well, let's get to it then," Claire said, forgetting about the phone.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"This is it!" Harry exclaimed.

We stood at the doors of a huge room, full of workbenches. The flooring was beige concrete and the walls were a darker colour of beige brick. Multiple shelves were stacked with saws, screwdrivers and rulers. At the front of the room stood a sanding machine.

"Woah!" Claire smiled, "How come I've never been here?"

"Only the younger grades get to use this room," Riley informed.

"Then how does Harry know about this place?" Claire questioned.

"I do after school woodworking," Harry rushed, "and it's held in this room."

I walked in and looked around.

"Couch?" I said.

I examined the picture in my phone. I looked at the couch that was in front of a pillar.

"Well, there used to be a couch in front of this pillar," I said putting my hand on the pillar.

"Yay! Let's sit here and use our incredibly long fingernails to scrape through the pillar!" Harry said, sarcastically.

"Well we have to get through somehow, don't we?" Riley commented.

"Let's get digging then," Claire said, holding an axe in her hands.