1.12.16

Love is strange. Love can be amazing. It can make you smile forever and ever. It can make you want to run through meadows and laugh at everything. It makes you feel better at yourself. It gives you a different perspective on everything. You don't have to be in love to feel these things. This is all just from feeling love. Love by definition means an excessive feeling towards someone or something. And that's the truth. But it's more than that. It's feeling as if you could jump from the tallest building, and rather than fall, just float away. It's like every feeling you've ever felt mixed into a big ball. Love is filled with trust, happiness, sadness, anger, and so much more. And when you take advantage of that, it may not end as well as you want it to. 

Being in love is different, though. I read a lot more than I should, but what I have learned through reading, is that we can fall in love multiple times. Although, people say we can only fall in love once, it's not true. There's different ages, different times, and different circumstances. You can fall in love multiple times and it took me a little whilst to figure that out. Every time I thought you could only fall in love once, I didn't realise that I was already in love. 

You can be in love with someone you've never met. You can be in love with the idea of someone. You can be in love with their smile. You can be in love with their laugh. You can be in love with their eyes or their voice. You can be in love with the goofiness or their seriousness. You can be in love with their rebelliousness or their intelligence. You can be in love with so many different things of a person, whether you've met them or not. If you haven't met them, it's kind of better. It proves that you don't have to be around them to be happy with them. But when you are around them, you're stomach will erupt with feelings you never want to go away, but you'll try to push them away so you don't embarrass yourself. But if you meet them and fall in love, then it feels the same way. Except, you won't have to mind embarrassing yourself because they hopefully have already seen you at your goofiest or clumsiest. 

Love is so intense. It's so real. It's so scary. When you love someone, you're putting all your hope, all your trust in this one person. You're giving them the ability to hold your heart and you're praying they won't just squeeze it. That's not even what makes it scary. The scary part is not knowing whether or not they are gonna squeeze. The scariest part is not knowing if you can really trust them because you'll never be them. You'll never know the full truth about them because you'll never be able to know their exact, precise thoughts. No matter what they tell you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just a shorty