Day in the life of Normality

Chapter Eleven:

Day in the life of Normality

Natasha, Clint, Bruce, and Steve walk into the shady, dimly lit bar in the middle of New Mexico; a bar and grill ironically named, "Fable".

"Can I show you four to a table?" a waitress asked, a pleasant smile on her face.

The four nodded and followed her in as she took them to a round table in the back right corner of the place. Natasha and Clint took the first two seats and Bruce and Steve took the other two so that they were facing the door while Nat and Clint had their backs to the door. If someone were to attack for any reason, Nat and Clint would be able to sense them much better than Steve and Bruce would be able to.

"So, what are we doing here?" Bruce asked, curious. He didn't know much about the world of spies.

"Recon," Natasha answered in a casual, low tone, "good place to ask around about possible weird things happening. Also, Clint is hungry."

"Darn right," Clint nodded eagerly.

The four looked over the menu before the waitress appeared; a pad and pen in her hand.

"What can I get for you?" she asked with a smile.

"Double cheeseburger and fries for me with a large coke," Clint ordered, "Oh and a medium vanilla shake."

The waitress jotted it down, stifling her awe at how much he was ordering.

"Same for me," Steve smiled, "sounds good."

"That's a boy, Capsicle," Clint cheered, using the nickname Tony had come up with.

"A grilled chicken salad with light ranch and a water for me," Natasha ordered.

"Same for me," Bruce answered, "but add on a side of biscuits as well."

"Alright, anything else?"

They all shook their heads no.

"Okay, I will have it out as soon as possible."

With that said, the waitress vanished into the kitchen in the back of the building.

"Weren't you going to ask her questions?" Bruce wondered aloud.

"Later. Right now, let's just relax," Clint grinned, "We have plenty of time."

The four chatted about general subjects until finally, the elephant in the room came up.

"So, what do you think Stane wants with Tony?" Bruce asked.

The two assassins shared a look.

"Power and wealth probably," they said at the same time, "no doubt he wants to use Tony."

"Tony won't let that happen," Steve spoke up, "besides, Tony is under the guardianship of Fury right? The man can't touch him without going through shield first."

"For now," agreed Natasha, "but if I know Obadiah Stane and I do, from all the time I spent researching the man, he will try to find a way."

The four were in deep thought as their food arrived.

AVNGRS

Tony took a deep breath, extremely nervous. He had been wanting to meet Stane; his father's partner for a long time. He didn't trust the man as far as he could throw him, which wasn't any distance at all, but he knew if anyone could tell him more about his father, it was this man.

Fidgeting in his chair beside Fury who kept shooting him annoyed glances every so often, the two startled a bit when the door to the conference room finally opened and Obadiah Stane stepped in, a rather pleased smile on his face.