Chapter 1

Aurora was sitting In math class looking out the window doing anything but listening to the algebra lesson. It was hard enough to concentrate In school especially when it was with Mr.Grayson's low , humdrum voice. She was surprised that the other student where awake let alone listening . But as she let her eyes wander, she could see the light from one or two phones and a cluster of headphones being unsuccessfully hidden by some hair and a few hoodies . Suddenly a bang aroused her out of her thoughts and there stood incompetent Mr.Grayson with the irritating ruler that he always carried around . One could almost assume that it was his tail.

"Ms. Huels I'm sure you where paying utmost attention to the algebra lesson at hand and not one of you're silly little daydreams."

He said with a surprising amount of venom. It was easy to say that mr.Grayson didn't like aurora very much. In math class she would usualy draw him as a manticore . His dog like, rounded head with some grey rubble matching his hair looked just right sitting on top of a bulgy lion body and the scorpion tail was packed with just about as much venom as the words he spoke.

"Of corse mr.Grayson how could I pass up the opportunity to learn such a PROVOCATIVE and ILLUMINATING subject like algebra !"

She said sarcastically gaining some hoots and giggles from the class. Mr.Grayson was taken aback from the rebellious and well spoken reply . He looked like he had just been smacked across the face and it took him a second to process what had just happened. When he finally did the vain in his thick rubbly neck started to grow and his voice started to rise until it was roaring .aurora needed to cover her ears from the screams.

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS ROOM , YOU lOW LEVELLED INCOMPETENT!!!"

As he yelled the class room seamed to shake and shudder in fear of the tall bulgy man standing in front of her . Aurora didn't wait a second, she gathered her things and walked out but not before slamming the door as hard as she possibly could leaving the class and teacher in aw.

In utter furry aurora walked over to her grey ,cold locker and managed to open the tricky lock. She threw her books in and took a minute to calm herself . This simply wasn't fair. He couldn't just call her an incompetent when he had billy hoods the utmost unintelligent Person in his class. Obviously she wasn't the smartest in the class with her dyslexia and all , but she got by with good enough grades and she had an amazing amount of common sense. Aurora shook her head not wanting to think about mr.Grayson the ugly fat troll .Even the thought of him made her gag .

She pushed her leaning bodice off of her locker and turned around hitting the door of the locker to close it. But as she started to walk away she heard metal clash on the tilled floor . Her head snapped around to the sound and there on the grey and blue floor lay her locker door with elongated claw marks denting the paint.

"Hello?"

She sad hoping it was just a prank pulled by her friend Lana . At first glance it looked like a normal every day hall with lockers and doors but then something coughs her eye . Something lurking in the shadows of the empty gymnasium . Aurora slowly walked closer to the door until something grabbed her arm and started to pull her away. The thing that was pulling her was running faster than aurora could run . She just managed to keep up . Right before they turned the corner the thing that was in the shadows mover into the light of the window from the classes nearby .

It was none other than mr.Grayson smirking at her. But his teeth shined in the light ad they had shifted into long yellow tinted k nines

Dripping clear sticky saliva . Then the ruler in his hand started to elongate and warp into a slim armoured tail and his body started to fight itself from the inside. Pulling his skin until it ripped revealing straw like fur covered in his own scarlet blood.

Then stood illuminated in the hall mr.Grayson with the long tail of a scorpion packed with venom and the regal body of a lion drenched in crimson liquid . The yellowish k nines where tearing there way threw the flesh of his cheek. Where stood mr.Grayson her normal math teacher now stood a full bodied manticore . The embodiment of her former teachers personality .it shook her to her core and her feet threatens to give way but she kept running and running and running , every step faster then the one before . Down the halls to the front door and out. Out of the school that she had gone to for two year. The school the housed a monster.

After a few blocks the person pulling her slowed down . When aurora got a good look at the person the sight before her was more than a delight. The familiar freckles dotting the bridge of her nose. The friendly green melon-cloy eyes staring into her sole and the long black brown hair flowing down her back

" LANA! What the hell was that? What's happening? "

Aurora screamed in terror at Lana. Aurora and Lana had been friends ever since aurora could remember and They had gone to the same school since the first day and had done every mile stone of life together . It was like they where attached at the hip and aurora had no thoughts of letting go.

"No time to explain .where does you're mom keep the car keys?"

Lana asked panicking . Aurora was still shocked and didn't move . She couldn't clear her mind form the image of mr. Grayson's torn flesh .Lana tried to calm her down .

" aurora listen. We need to get out of here.if you tell me where the car you'll be safe."

Lana says holding aurora's shoulders looking straight into her eyes like you would to calm a spooked horse or little child. She knew that it would be hard to take in everything but they needed to get out now.

" o-ok . I t-think that she keeps them in the coat room with the house keys."

She says dazed by the situation. Thousands of explanations ran threw her mind each one less likely than the next. Maybe she was dreaming or she had just gone plain old crazy. But if so why did everything feel so real? Why did Lana looks exactly like she always did? Nothing was making sense to aurora. She had never been so confused in her life and she had gotten lost in an IKEA .