Dream Or Reality

I could hear the sound of the water from the tap as it filled the sink. As I looked at the mirror I found a terrified face with tears descended down the cheeks like an endless river. I wished it was only a dream but not reality.

Dreams are sometimes expressed to be the most wonderful thing.There is a saying that, "Dreams come true" but in my case I did not want it to happen as I was taken aback by my dream. Well it was a dream that turned out to be a nightmare.

With splash of water in my face I begin...

The clock ticked as my sister and I were waiting for the results. One could imagine the suspense amidst us, as faith was savoring the moment. Just as the school bell rang, "Ding dong..." the corridor was lit by stomping of feet and shrills.

Meanwhile, a teacher came around and was as gentle as a lamb in his words(sarcasm), "Here're the envelopes."

As I opened it, July entire life flashed in front of my eyes. The paper read, "A Level Examination Results." I saw the results and took a sigh if relief. Exuberance surged me as I flicked my eyes toward my sister.

Katy, my sister; was as silent as the grave. I tried to peep but she stunned to conceal her results. "What happened?" I spoke to myself.

Abruptly, I followed as she walked but words evaded from her mouth. To me it seemed that she was a fish out of pond.

On reaching home Katy looked exhausted and my quirkiness quicker quite suddenly. I envisioned that we would be celebrating but reality did not get close to my mirage. Besides, it was as clear as crystal that her results were bad.

Within a minute or two, Katy loitered around me, went to her room and slammed the door."Bang!" I was leaning against the door to finally console her. Even, I knocked the door several times but nothing greeted me from inside. "Was she sleeping?"

It was almost 15 minutes when I impatiently banged the door open. "What?" as if lightning stroke me. I could not believe my eyes. My sister was in the bed with bottle of sleeping pills beside her.

Finally I realized the predicament I was entangled in. With raising fear and shock, I dialed for an ambulance. In fact, I could hear myself crying and speaking out loud, "God, please help my sister from this trouble."

Later, I saw red and blue lights glittering through the window. "But was it too late?"