eighteen

my dudes listen to where do broken hearts go after the second chapter break (______) lolol it goes so well! enjoy

_

A week had passed and still, there'd been no sign of the fairy. Niall caught a cold because his window was constantly open just incase Harry came back.

It was pointless, though, because he never showed up. His house was starting to get dusty and his clothes were starting to wrinkle.

With the house being empty, Niall often found himself bored, just sitting on his bed and staring at nothing when he would usually be fucking around with Harry. It gave him a lot of time to think, to mull over the things he'd said, the way he'd acted, Harry's face when Niall spat venom at him through rage, unaware of the words slipping out from between his lips.

Yeah. He regretted it a lot. Yelling at him. Being harsh. Kicking him out. There was nobody to blame except himself, but still.

________________________

Niall was losing his shit. Truly.

He couldn't focus on school and could barely even find enough motivation to pull himself out of bed in the morning. He would just lay there - staring at the ceiling. It was rare of him to even fall asleep at night. In fact, it was currently 10am and he'd decided to irresponsibly skip school instead of going and distracting himself from Harry.

Where was Harry? Was he okay? Did he find a new owner? Maybe he found another fairy? Never ending questions that he could never get the answer to because he fucked up.

His parents were worrying, too. Wouldn't you, if your son could barely leave his bed? If he didn't want to eat because he just "wasn't hungry"? If his grades started slipping and his attitude started rising?

Niall wasn't himself anymore and it was clear. He'd become so attached to the little fairy and now, he's depressed. He's lost. Bored. Anxious. Confused. Nervous. Paranoid.

Every noise was a fastened heartbeat because it might've been Harry. Every dream was revolved around Harry. Every nightmare. Every song. Every movie.

I mean, for fucks sake, even Bella would go to Harry's dollhouse and whine, pawing at the door that Harry would exit from every morning.

There were so many questions that Niall had, and only one word which made him hopeless.

Why?

Why did he react so badly? Why did he kick Harry out?

And then, like a train hurdling towards him at 900mph, it hits Niall. It hits him so hard he almost ends up slipping in the shower, just barely catching himself on the wall. It hits him so hard he coughs on air. It was so fucking obvious. Right in front of him.

"Holy shit," Niall wheezes, putting a hand on his chest. "I'm in love with a fucking fairy."

And that was enough to get him out of the shower and out of his door.

(Dressed, obviously)

_______________________

It might've been Niall's realization of love which caused him to go out looking for Harry, or maybe it was just boredom or the fact that he needed some drama in his life. Whatever it was, it was enough to get him to run faster than he ever has in his life.

His shoes hit the pavement over and over at a rhythmic pace. Squirrels scurry away faster than lightning as they see him coming towards them, thinking he was going to harm them. He can't see anything. Can't think. He just knows he has to find Harry.