3

laylah was acting suspiciously at the mall. you never know what's up with her, i don't think too much of it.

it's now 7:46 and im eating dinner with my grandmother. me and her don't get to spend as much time together, as for her and my brother, there together almost every weekend. my brother is 13, i'm 16. i guess he's not so stressed about school right now, he's only in middle, im in high. lord does he know it'll get harder.

i think more about my brother, and i how i haven't seen him in a few days.

" grandma? " i ask her

" yes jules? " she replied

" where josh? " i ask. she gulps, me being smart, i know she has the same guilty look my mother plasters on her face when she's done something wrong.

" well josh, h- he ran away. " she says even sadder than before. i can't even speak. a run away? josh would never.

" your lying " i say, she quickly catches on and has the same guilty look on her face as she did a minute ago.

" your father took him " she says as it looks like a ton of bricks were lifted off of her sholders.

my dad used to hit me and my mom. he's tried to get josh to do it too. josh always refused, so he started hitting him too. he got locked up when i was 11, josh was 8. too young we were to have our father like this. it's been a great 5 years without him. my mouth turns dry every time i hear his name.

" how? why? how could you let him? " i practically scream in the diner, everyone looks at me. my grandmother left 3 $20s on the table, thanked the waiter and grabbed me. she walked me out of the restaurant.

" he was released 4 days ago. he couldn't find you because you were with laylah, so he took josh " she said, sad as ever. i just hug her, i wanted her to know it was gonna be alright. josh is a tough boy.

" we have to move. " she says calmly now. my mouth trembles before i speak.

" what? " i ask, she nods. " where? "

" illinois " she says, i just nod. not knowing what to say.

the drive home was silent, besides her saying to pack up, we have a week before we leave.

as soon as we get home i call laylah. " laylah, im moving " i say almost im tears.

" i know " she said almost happily.

" what? " i ask

" im coming with you, your mom and grandmother you and i. they know we can't be separated. " she says, i can tell she's smiling.

" holy fuck, yes " i say now crying of joy.

" hey, i gotta go i love you. we're going to the mall again tomorrow, around 9 so get rest " she says hanging up immediately after.

i wonder why we're going again, let alone so early. i strip and get in the shower again. it's nearly 10 when i get out, i sigh and just get in bed. yes, naked. it's there a problem?

i wake up to my alarm around 7. i haven't been up this early in weeks. ah summer, how much i love it. i jump up out of bed seeing a couple messages from last night and this morning that i never had a chance to answer.

baby boy 💙 : goodnight babe, text me as soon as you wake up please 💗 .

jules 💗 : hi baby boy 💙

the pet names make me sick, we've only been talking for 3 days, we already know everything there is to know about each other. he even knows about my dad. i never tell anyone about him, only laylah. i don't know why but i feel so close to him.

i snap out of my day dream and get out of bed. i slip on blue high waisted shorts with gold buttons, and a white and gold crop top, and my blue huaraches.

for makeup i do a smokey eye, mascara, eyeliner & concealer. topping it off with some eos, and Michael cores perfume.

i wonder what today has in store for me today.