A Night To Remember .....

After my last relationship, I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let anyone else in. No matter what, I would never give another person the opportunity to hurt me again. I had already been through so much in my 22 years of life. Thank God I looked nothing at all like what I had been through.

If I could take it all back, I would. It's just that you can't control the feelings you have for someone. Especially when you fall in love.

It was December 31, 2015,  the day before New Year's Eve when I saw him. That day, my best friend Shantrice asked me if I wanted to go out to celebrate the new year with her. Of course I said yes. We were on our way to the mall to find us something to wear so we could be fly for the new year. I stepped into a store called Hot Topic, for slim girls like myself. I searched through every rack in the store to find the perfect outfit. I wanted to look sexy. I finally found the dress I was looking for. I couldn't wait to get home and put it on.

Later on that night, after we were dressed, we met up at Shantrice's house. I stepped out of the car with my royal blue, fitted dress on. It fit me so good that it looked like I had a bad shape. I was turning heads left and right. I walked up the stairs to Shantrice's house and knocked on the door. "Come in" she said! I went in. When Shantrice saw me, her mouth dropped. "Dang girl" she said with excitement as I spinned around to show off my dress. I knew this was going to be a night to remember. I glanced at myself in the mirror as I walked into Shantrice's room. The pink shoes I had on are what set the dress off.

After Shantrice was fully dressed, hair and makeup done, we sat at the table and had a few drinks until it was time to go. We laughed and talked and then laughed and talked some more as time passed. Finally! It was 11:30 and time to go. We headed for the door and I stumbled just as I stepped out the door. I had so many drinks that I was starting to feel myself.

We made it to Club Ice. The parking lot was deep. I knew there was going to be a crowd.

As we entered the club, all eyes were on us. A bartender handed us a shot.