I miss you

I never knew that my life would change at the stroke of midnight

My name is Cindy and I'm in the 12th grade.my life is great, I'm popular, and I just can't be at the "bottom of the food chain." Everyone knows me, but I have a feeling that it might change some day.

"Hello, Cindy?" said my friend Ally in question.

I lost my train of thought. Like always!

"Hi," I said, coming back to the real world.

"So-did you find your homework?" she said, already knowing the answer.

"NO," we said in union.

Both of us laugh, almost choking.

Everyone knows that I barely do my homework, so there's really no reason to ask me.

All of the sudden my boyfriend, James, comes up.

He's tall, Asian, and he has the most beautiful eyes ever. If you don't know, he's a boxer and he's captain of the boxing team.

"What up Cee?" he said giving me that cute nick-name.

"Hi J," I said going on my tippy toes to kiss him on the mouth. Like always he tries to take it to far and bites me on the lip.

"Ow," I said rubbing my lips.

He looks at me and he smiles.

"Get to class or I'm going to take you two to the principals office," yelled Mr. Jones.

He's the English teacher for the 11th grade.

"Hey, look, I'll see you at lunch okay?" I could tell that he was disappointed.

"Oh, hey..... Could you give me a ride to the New Years Eve party?" I said.

"Sure, ummm... As long as we go to the gym first because I need to pick up some gear," he said hesitating.

"No problem," I said giving him my sweetest smile and walking off.

I had 1 minute till the late bell rings so I took my time.

When I came and sat down in my usual spot for health class,in the back next to ally, I took out my book. I leaned over and whispered to ally," You left me! How could you?"

She looked at me and smiled," I'm pretty sure you don't want me to enterprise on your kissing episodes. Do you?"

I was going to say something but that's when Mrs. Canton calls on me.

" Mrs. Andersen, are you listening,"she asked like she already knew the answer.

"Why would you ask me that when you already know the answer," I said, like I was a smart aleck.

My favorite thing is when I make her red and embarrassed.

"See me after class Mrs. Andersen," she said having no emotion.

I slump back into my seat and started to daydream, without answering back to Mrs. Canton. The way he walks, the way he gives me the perfect nicknames, the way he is when he's feeling goofy. James is the perfect boyfriend anyone would ask for.

Just then the bell rang and I stopped daydreaming and got up. Maybe Mrs. Canton won't notice if I walk out quickly.

"Ms. Anderson, come here," she said like she knew what I was going to do before I did it.

I walked over there and looked back. I saw ally look at me and give me a thumbs up. Maybe I can make a run for it.

"I want you to look at this flower, Cindy," she smiled and looked at me "In order for it to grow it needs water and food."

"Without water and food it will die and shrivel up," she said.

"Let's say your the flower and I'm the food and water. You need me. Without it you won't get the proper knowledge," she looked at me and said,"Do you understand now?"

"Yes Mrs. Canton, I'll listen more in class. Can I go now," I said like I was in a hurry.

"Yes you may," she said sweetly.

"What was all that about," asked Ally.

I exhale and say," Nothing.......don't worry about it."

It's time for lunch so, ally and I enter the lunch room. The lunch room is an evil pit of venomous snakes waiting for you to step in. Luckily I have friends that are popular and we have are own lunch-table to sit at.

Ally goes ahead of me and sits with her boyfriend, Blake, the "bad boy of the school". Chelsea, Jake, Ramona, Kyle, Vicky, and Samuel are sitting there also. The only person I don't see is James.

I sit down and wonder were he is when someone comes up behind me and raps their arms around my stomach.