Chapter Two

She gets the idea on the way to her morning shift when she spots what makes her smile. The Camp Nou. Although it's on her usual route,  something's new today, maybe because the sun is smoothly blended on the edge. She must've driven past it a million times without noticing, but today there's something different. Something magical.

She thinks of when she was younger, how she's been whining to her mother to go there to watch a football game ever since she learned to speak. Or how she wanted to be a footballer one day. When she was little she used to play but since her illness she couldn't get the energy to start again. But she was great. In other words fantastic and she still fantasizes of what could have happened or how her life would have turned out if she had taken the opportunity to do it.

She parks her car on the street across from the stadium, deciding it can't hurt to check it out at least.

Jessi walks closer and finds a stair that leads into the rows. She admires everything. It's just the same as it used to be. Something inside her changes and she feels like home. She wanders around a bit, when she finds a boy sitting between the rows.

The boy sitting snaps his head up at the sound of someone standing next to him. "Hello, welcome to Camp Nou!" He says, way too bright and cheerful for seven am. "Can I help you? Did you get lost? Are you searching the souvenir shop?"

Jessi's breath hitches as she gets a closer look at the boy; the word 'stunning' is drawn to the forefront of her mind. The guy's eyes are big and sparkly and his skin is soft plush and his hair is dark and wild. 

For a moment, she forgets where she is. The boy is staring up at her from his seat, clearly expecting a response, and Jessi has to mentally remind herself that she is at the stadium just wanting to look at it and now some handsome boy has chatten her up.

"Uh, yeah. I just wanted to check if it's the same as it used to be. It looked beautiful. It reminds me of my childhood." She manages to explain.

"Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I love coming here in the morning when no one is here just me and the whole atmosphere, you know?" The boy smiles politely and Jessi is not staring at his temptingly full lips or the dimples that crater his cheeks at all.

"Sorry if I interrupted you." Jessi clears her throat.

"Oh no, it's fine." He smiles.

Thanks to years of hiding behind a mask of hollow smiles and false 'I'm fine's, she's almost perfected the art of keeping her feelings hidden, but she sincerely hopes he doesn't look as flustered as she feels right now.

The boy nods again. When she looks back up, he is still smiling and Jessi thinks that maybe she wouldn't hate mornings as much as she does if she had that to look forward to every day.

"So..do you want me to show you around?" The boy says as he stands up. He's a few inches taller than Jessi, and that makes her wonder for the first time how old he is. She guesses maybe about her own age. She hopes maybe about her own age.

"Oh no, you don't have to-"

"It'd be a pleasure." He says and Jessi nods as she follows behind him, her eyes roam the whole of his body, noticing how long and lean his legs are, the slight protrusion of his modestly round bum through his black skinny jeans, the faint outline of the muscle in his back through the thin cotton t-shirt stretched over his torso and the contrast of the light blossoms against it. She's overcome with the urge to reach out and feel every detail, not just touch but feel, to spend hours tracing every outline of his biceps and caressing the curves of his legs and breathing in the scent of springtime from his fringe because it's the first time in a long time that she's been this completely marveled by something and she wants to relish in it as much as she can.