Short 11 (Not a specific player)

He drew back from my lips after a moment, a small smile prominent on his face. His cheeks were a rosy red from the crisp winter air. His cold touch at the nape of my neck made me shiver. 

"Are you cold?" 

I nodded, although I was warm inside. 

                                                     ○○○○○

The front door slammed shut behind him, rattling the picture frames on the wall. I sat curled up on the couch, slightly shivering. If you asked me what happened, I couldn’t tell you. It was all a messy blur and then he was gone. I wasn’t warm inside anymore.

                                                     ○○○○○

I was gone before he came back, a backpack packed with the things I needed. I headed to the bus station that was only a couple blocks away. As I arrived at the bus station I pulled out my credit card, not knowing how much I’d have to pay. I just wanted to go home, to see my friends and family. He obviously didn’t want me here anymore, so I walked straight to the cash. 

                                                     ○○○○○

10 minutes and then my bus would be here and I’d finally be going home. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see his name flashing on the screen. I clicked ‘decline’, there was no way I wanted to talk to him. The second time my phone vibrated it was a text. ‘Where are you? We need to talk, please?' I didn't reply. 

                                                     ○○○○○

My bus had just been called over the loud speaker, I stood in line waiting to board. I took a step forward as another person boarded the bus. Before I could move up again I felt an arm on my wrist. I looked down to see a man’s hand resting on my wrist. I yanked my hand away from the man’s grip, looking up, “Excuse yo-” It was him, I shivered.

                                                     ○○○○○

"Leave me alone, I’m going home." 

He pulled me off to the side, “You are home. Please.” 

I shook my head, “Let me go. You were able to do it about an hour ago.” 

He looked away for a minute, “No. That was wrong, I don’t want to let you go.” 

"Well you’re gonna have to. I’m leaving." 

He looked at you with sad eyes, “You’re not going to atleast let me explain?” 

I narrowed my eyes, “Why should I? You were being a jerk. You’ve never been like that before.” 

I went to leave, my bus would be leaving soon. 

He grabbed my wrist again, “Stop it!” 

I yanked but this time he didn’t let go. The bus behind me sputtered and I turned to see everyone had boarded and the bus was pulling away. 

"Let go! That’s my bus!" 

I yanked my arm away but he just pulled me closer to him, our noses almost touching. My heart skipped a beat. 

"I told you, I’m not letting you go. I was stupid, you can blame me for it. It was my fault. I was being a jerk and picking a fight and I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, please, stay?" 

My heart was beating faster than ever, I felt a rain drop hit my cheek. I had nothing to say so I quickly closed the space between us, connecting our lips. Even though the rain was cold on my skin, I was finally warm inside again. And, oh, did I miss that feeling.