Chapter 20

-Picture of Liam Payne!-

I stared at a picture of mum, dad, Damon, Delaney and myself and tears streamed down my face.

It's been a week.

A week of total hell.

No one talked at the dinner table and when we were done we all went right back in our rooms.

Dad didn't even touch his food which was a first, I haven't been to school and Taylor was bringing me my work.

Delaney started staying with Danielle and Liam because dad was in no state to take care of her, me neither.

I quickly took the letter out and re read it, I probably have read it over 100 times.

"Dahlia" someone said knocking on my door. I set the things down and wiped my eyes.

"Come in"

The door opened and Logan was there in a black suit.

"Are you gonna get ready?" He questioned.

"For what?" I asked, my voice wasn't the same.

"The funeral" he said "....it's in like an hour"

"I forgot" I said taking a deep breath. "I'll get ready"

He turned to go but instead he looked back at me "Are you okay?"

I nodded and he left. I took a breath before I opened my wardrobe. I didn't have much black because to me, it's a depressing.

I put on this long sleeve black dress with a flowy skirt, I put my hair in a nice bun and didn't even bother to put makeup on.

I headed downstairs and it was filled with people in back. Everyone looked at me with sorrow and I just ignored them and went into the kitchen.

Danielle was cooking something and then Harry was talking to dad.

"Hey Dahlia" Louis said giving me a hug. "How ya holding up?"

I just shrugged and grabbed some juice. I took a sip and put it away.

"Eat" Danielle said putting the plate in front of my dad. "You need to eat Niall"

I didn't say anything.

_
_

I sat next to my dad and Damon and listened to the guy talk. Mums casket was opened and dad's eyes never left it.

"Dahlia, Katie's daughter will now say a few words"

I stood up and slowly made my way up to the platform. I stood in front of the podium and everyone just looked at me.

"Somewhere in my heart beneath all my grief and pain is a smile I still wear at the sound of her name.
My mum...." I paused to wipe some tears

"she was my world you see, but now my heart is breaking cause she's no longer here with me. God chose her for his angel to watch me from above,
to guide me and advise me and know that I'm still loved. The day she had to leave me when her life on earth was through, God had better plans for her, for this, I surely knew. When I think of her kind heart and all those loving years, my memories surround me and I can't hold back the tears." I paused again to breathe.

"She truly was my best friend, someone I could confide in, she always had a tender touch and a warm and gentle grin. I want to thank you mum for teaching me so well, and though the time has come that I must bid you this farewell. I'll remember all you've taught me and make you proud you'll see. Thank you my Dear Mother for all the love you showed me. Although you've left this earth and now you've taken flight, I know that you are here with me and of us each morning, noon and night. I speak for all my family and thank you all for coming. It's means a lot that all of you would take time to be here. My mum would've been happy"