Chapter 1: The Dare

Savannah is played by Scarlett Leithold (pictured) , and Daniel by Alex Pettyfer!

This novel may switch between Savannah (the protagonist) and Daniel's perspectives! At first, I wanted to stick with just Savannah's, but I figured since I stuck a couple chapters from Daniel's perspective in TBBV, I might as well do it here too! Hopefully my grammar and fluency of writing is far better than it was in TBBV- I have improved a lot as a writer!

Additionally, thank you so much to my returning readers. I hope I don't disappoint!

Savannah's POV:

Jojo sat down across from me at the tiny booth in the ice cream shop that we had just bought our delicious, creamy gelato from. The mall was buzzing with people, and spring gossip was in the air.

"That boy working behind the counter is so cute!" Jojo exclaimed as she took a large spoonful of cotton candy ice cream and shoved it into her mouth.

I looked over at the boy to whom she was referring to; overly sized ears, large innocent eyes and a lopsided nose. He was quite young too. The exact type of guy that Jojo would consider "yummy".

"He's okay," I shrugged, "Anyways, what's up next on your list?"

"Well," Jojo paused to dig her index finger into one of her tight jean pockets and pull out a crumbled piece of paper.

"I just went over to that old guy over there and called him my dad, so it's your turn for a dare. I've got a really good one for you," she said.

Jojo had this massive list with very strange dares all for her video blog. Two months ago, she posted a video of her older brother falling straight on his ass on the kitchen floor after she'd oiled the tiles. She has been making short videos ever since. She only has a couple thousand followers, but she wants to be a celebrity of some sort and video blogs are her ticket to fame.

Jojo and I alternated back and forth with a series of dares on the list that she had devised earlier this week, and as we carried them out, she videotaped them. It was now my turn to carry out a dare that I knew would be both humiliating and hilarious, I could count on Jojo for that.

"Alright, what do I have to do?" I asked.

"I'm going to pick a random guy and you have to kiss him!" Jojo exclaimed excitedly.

"That's a bit out of my comfort zone," I said sternly.

Jojo held her video recorder up to my face. She was always filming, even when I thought she wasn't.

"Chicken," she said, mocking me with the camera.

"I don't think I can just kiss a stranger! What if they scream?"

"C'mon Sav. It's a genius idea for a viral video," Jojo said.

"Fine. But try to pick someone around our age. I'm not trying to kiss some fifty year old dude with a mustache!"

"Okay, let me look."

Jojo put her camera down and scanned the ice cream shop. She frowned and shifted her gaze out towards the food complex and squinted her eyes, searching for her prey.

"I've got it," she said with a devilish grin.

"Who?" I said, veraciously scanning the crowd.

"Him."

She pointed to a boy with luscious blonde locks and sun kissed skin. A boy sporting a tight black v-neck and a casual pair of jeans. A boy with shimmering eyes and the most charming smile on the planet. But he wasn't just any boy, he was THE boy at our high school. The single most attractive senior there was in existence- the king of the social ladder, Daniel Walker.