Card decks

It was now my next class and I sat patiently in my seat, waiting for Lu and No to enter the door.

I usually get to my classes early, because, well, I run as fast as I can to avoid having to socialize with anyone. I guess I'm kind of antisocial. Everyone just assumes I'm a shy girl without ever noticing that I'm constantly glaring at them. 

While I was waiting, I got out Ivy and decided to just talk to her instead of the annoying idiots all around the room.

"Hi Mu!"she said happily.
I smiled and looked at her confused. "what are you so happy?"
She rolled her eyes at me. "Because I've been bored. I couldn't see anything inside your coat....
Hey did you take me out because you are about to battle?"
I shook my head and she sighed.
"But.... Maybe at lunch,  okay?" I suggested.  It made me feel bad to see her look sad.
Instantly she grinned at me and shook her head violently.
I laughed at her and looked up to see my friends come in.
Finally.

Lu sat down besides me and looked at Ivy.
"that's a really cute card! I haven't opened mine yet,  though... " she took out a shiny metal box and after a few seconds of struggling to pry it open, the top popped off and we examined her cards.
Ivy gets my attention by squealing in excitement. I frowned at her. "what?"
"your friend is about to become a Selector! Battle! Battle!" she squeals again.

Before I can respond to Ivy, I heard a small "Hello" from Lu's side and saw her chair flip and land with her on her back a few feet away.
My eyes widened and I bent down to see if my friend was okay. She seemed fine, she was just shocked for some reason so I helped her get back on her chair.
She looked down at a card on the table and she gasped. Oh,  so Ivy was correct.

"Miss, uh, are you okay?" asked a male figure from inside the card she was staring at.
Slowly, Lu  nodded and she pointed at the card, turning to me. "Mu... I'm seeing things right?"
I giggled and shook my head. "Nope. That's an LRIG. I have one too."
I set Ivy's card in my hands and Lu looked at it.
"Wait..." she muttered and held up her hand for silence.
"oh... So,  that's the reason you were talking to a card this morning!" she whispered.
I nodded and looked over at her card. Yup, it was male.
Ivy started  to squeal again. "battlllllle!!!!"
I smiled and shook my head at her. "I said at Lunch. Is that okay?"
She looked dissapointed but nodded.
"but... First, can you two tell me and my friend how this "battle" thing works?"
Ivy looked up again with the excitement back and nodded.