A Joke

I combed my blonde long hair, tossed it in a messy pony tail, slammed my glasses on and ran out the door. I was so late for work. I couldn't sleep. Every time I dozed off, I would be awaken by his words,

"Call me Mr. J."

I nearly ran half-way down the hallway.

"Ms. Quinzel? You are very nearly late!" The big pourtly man called after me.

I still didn't know his name.

"Sorry!" Was all I managed to say before I entered the room, the door slamming shut behind me.

"Your late!" Mr. Joker hissed at me, laughing.

"I'm sorry if I wasted your time." I honestly answerd, sitting down.

"Don't worry about it, I wasted my own time, counting down the seconds until you would get here!" He giggled even louder.

"All right sir-" I pulled out a few notes when he inturuptted.

"Sir?" He burst into laughder.

I couldn't see what was funny, I just called him a proper term. I then suddenly noticed the large smile tattooed across his hand. This made me smirk.

"I see you like my tattoo." He smiled holding his hand out for me to examine.

"Yes. Why do YOU, like tattoos?" I asked him, pulling my own up to my paper.

"I don't know! Makes me look unique?!" He laughed even harder.

He was a very funny man surprisingly. I would have liked to see him not in an asylum. After another hour of me asking questions I said good by to him.

"That's all for today Mr. Joker." I left the room, ignoring the grit of his teeth when I said his name.

The next week was simple. I learned alot about him. His passions, his hobbies. I wrote all of this down. He kind of reminded me of a 5 year old but his humor, what ever he said, made himself laugh. Even when I said something, he would burst out laughing. The only time he ever showed aggression was when I said, that will be all Mr. Joker. When I entered his room on Monday, he could barely keep himself in his chair.

"Got you something." He smiled, his hands pulling something up From his back. He handed a crumpled sheet of paper to me. It looked like a child scribbled to stick figures holding hands with a dead bat close to them.

"Thank you!" I faked my dull reaction. He stood up to face me and I surprisingly blushed, turning away.

This clearly made him happy. I stuffed the drawing in my purse and sat down for our daily chat.