Yes, this is a reference to the Middengard Wyrm

Nesta was so going to kill Rhysand. He was her boss, head of the Department of New Species Exploration, and also married to her meddling sister. Ever since Elain found her soulmate (yeah sure guys keep trying) Lucien, Feyre had apparently decided that Nesta needed a boyfriend.

She didn't.

Concerned that her team might be unsafe in the habitat they were assigned, Nesta had sent in a formal request for a trained, not-trigger-happy officer to accompany them. Not the bumbling oaf named Cassian who had stumbled into her jet seven minutes before take-off and then spent the whole of the flight showing off his assault rifle to her intern.

No. This was not what she asked for.

And on top of it there was that infuriating smirk. It made her blood pressure spike like nothing else could. Out of rage of course. Nothing else.

She was pondering how exactly she would kill Feyre and her delightful husband, when the very problem at hand came running back from his recon mission.

Nesta dropped her habitat case file and gaped at the thing that had Cassian running. A gigantic worm creature thing that was currently trying to chow on her oaf. No wait. Not her oaf, that oaf. That oaf.

Back to the task at hand.

Nesta reacted purely on impulse. Grabbing the arm of her poor intern Thomas, she grabbed their case, because even if she was probably going to die she would not let her work be destroyed, and bolted. She could only pray that Cassian would follow.

Thomas scrambled to follow Nesta as she pivoted them completely around a corner. Nesta prayed that the worm's size would make turning difficult. Cassian caught up to them just in time to see Nesta wrench open a hatch hidden by the vine covered forest floor. Thomas was after her. By the time Cassian plopped down into the hatch the worm's mouth was inches away from his back.

He fell into a dark hovel as he saw Nesta lean above him and slam the trapdoor shut above him. The three of them gasped for breath as they stared at each other in shock.

"Sorry about all your research back there--" he started, but was cut off by Nesta.

"I have it."

Cassian stared in awe as she slid out the black case next to her.

Then her vacant expression morphed to one of fury.

He gulped.