The Bucket List (One Direction)

Prologue

Kat's POV

I looked at my computer screen and took a deep breath in. My thin arms pressed the download button and the application for Make-A-Wish Foundation popped up. My mum smiled at me encouragingly.

“It’ll be good for you Kat.” She told me. My social worker, Adriana, stuck her thumbs up at me whilst she talked on the phone to a psychologist.

Ever since I had been diagnosed with Anorexia when I was thirteen during a tough time, it had started recurring during stressful times. I had to be pulled out of school because I couldn’t do anything without my condition worsening and was immediately admitted to hospital. I was there for months without anything getting better.

I got better, but then I got worse about 5 weeks ago, and it seems that anything stressful triggers me to stop eating all together and it started again just after my 17th birthday, when all the party planning triggered it again and I lost consciousness.

I began filling out the form. I filled in all of my information and got my mum and social worker to sign the paperwork. Then we sent it in.

~2 Days Later~

I was sitting in my hospital bed watching Anchorman on my iPad, when my mum burst through the door holding the phone to her ear and waving a piece of paper in my face. I took the paper from her and read it.

Hello Kat,

We’re from the Make-a-Wish Foundation. We saw your application and need you to fill one more thing in.

What is your wish you want to come true?

What did I want my wish to be? I had so many things I wanted to do! I even had a bucket list. My mum finally shut down her phone and sat down next to me.

“So Kat, what do you want your wish to be?” She asked, flipping her brown hair behind her shoulder.

“I don’t know Mum.” I replied. I picked up the pen and hovered it above the paper.

1)      Kiss underwater

2)      Go on a Plane

3)      Travel around the world

4)      Kiss on top of the Eiffel tower

5)      Go on a date to a fancy restaurant

6)      Meet One Direction

7)      Get a Horan hug

8)      Go surfing in Hawaii

9)      Go to an Ed Sheeran Concert

10)   Record a song

11)   Recover from anorexia

12)   Adopt a lost dog

13)   Spend New Year’s Eve watching the ball drop in NYC

14)   Volunteer in a 3rd world country for a day

15)   Buy a house

16)   Learn to ride a bike

17)   Go to a movie Premiere

18)   Fall in love….

There. 18 things the Make-A-Wish foundation can do for me before I turn 18. And I know only one can come true....

Written by RathbonePrincess 

Chapter one will be up soon.