Introduction

"So, Mrs. Loften? Did you happen to know where your son was before he was kidnapped?" I questioned. It was a cold, rainy night, and I had to come back to work on a child abduction case. To be honest, I wasn't in the best mood, but my shift will soon be over.

                "I-I'm not too sure, he was with his father at the time, and then he was gone." She responded, her voice quavering in sadness.

                 I sat back in my chair, thunder sounding in the distance. So, she probably revealed the culprit, but I need to question other people before I could wrap up the case. "Do you think he did it?" I asked.

                "Matthew would never do such a thing!" She cried. "He loves his son, he wouldn't do something like this!" She once again yelled.

                    "Mrs. Loft-"

                      "He wouldn't kill his son!" She interrupted. 

                   Frustration was building up as she kept crying, but I responded in a cool tone. "Mrs. Loften, if you wish to find your son you can't leave any details out, so please tell me what was Matthew doing the night of your son's disappearance." I replied.

                    Mrs. Loften looked up at me, eyes red from her sobbing. "He-he was working in the shed as Adrian played with his friends. Matthew kept complaining about his car not starting, so he was making sure the engine wasn't damaged," She explained. "Adrian was playing basketball with his friends from school, so I assumed everything was fine." She admitted, looking out the window.

                   "Then later that day Adrian vanished, is that right?" I inquired, jotting down some notes in my notebook as she described the event.

                    Mrs. Loften nodded. "He's been missing for two weeks now, please, please find him." She begged, wiping her eyes.

                     "We'll do the best we can," I replied. After she left, I looked back at the evidence against Matthew Loften, and I noticed that most of it pointed to him being the culprit. Well, I guess I'll be paying Matthew Loften a visit.

----------------------------------------------------

           I'm sorry for being gone for so long! Hopefully this will keep you satisfied until I can keep thinking of ideas for this story. To be honest, I have some good ideas for this one. See you later!