Chapter One

There is more than one dimension and there is more than one way to reach these dimensions. One way of reaching said dimensions is you are born with the natural ability to open a portal and if that does happen then you are employed by the government of what ever dimension you live in to be the gatekeeper of the different dimensions. Sounds swanky am I right you're education is taken care of for you, healthcare isn't a problem anymore, and you and the rest of your family gets taken care of for the rest of your lives but since there is only a five percent chance of that actually happening that's why there are artifacts. What are artifacts I can hear you asking artifacts are mystical objects that are found throughout multiple dimensions to help travel through these different dimensions. It's actually really funny how the people who found these artifacts found out what these objects were like 'I'm just going to cut you a slice of pie with this knife OH MY GOD I ACCIDENTALLY OPENED A PORTAL TO ANOTHER DIMENSION!' or 'oh I'm just going to cut this piece of paper with a pair of scissors for no apparent reason OH MY GOD IT HAPPENED AGAIN!' or the classic 'I'm going to murder to with this sword oh no (obvious sarcasm) I accidentally opened another portal to another dimension what a surprise come on is that all you got universe'. Yes that is how the first dimensional knife, scissors, and sword were first discovered and coincidentally they were all discovered by the same sarcastic person *narrator continues to star at Lancelot Kirstein founder of the first dimensional knife, scissors, and sword*

After a long time of staring at the holographic narrator the hologram it suddenly turned off and the alien cat from the Catz Dimension no.5 sighed. She was dragged into going on the Interdimensional history museum for the fifth time this week luckily it would be the last but she knew the same thing would happen on Monday and the days that followed after. The space cat from another dimension usually stayed for the first half of the tour and then bailed when the intermission came around because someone as in the holographic tour guide would think it was rude that she was leaving the tour. She thought pre programmed holograms weren't supposed to have feelings but anyways she was going to be late for work if she didn't hurry to the office building dimension (and yes that's an actual dimension).

As soon as she got the the office building dimension she rushed to her office building and when she got to the floor on her office everybody was distracted by the new employee so luckily she could sneak in without anybody noticing. She sat down at her desk and started typing away at her computer when an unfamiliar voice called out her name.

"Carnelian," the voice called out.

Carnelian looked up from her computer and her eyes led her to someone who looks like they might as well of came out of the crazy looking dimension (and yes that's an actual place).

"Yes," she replied looking all annoyed and what not having been called by her full first name, "and you can call me Nell."

"Oh well Nell," the weirdo said stretching out Nell's name, "I'm new here my name is Ares and I was hoping you could show me the ropes."

"Can't you get someone else to do it?" Nell asked.

Ares looked around the room and then back at her, "Nope."

Nell sighed getting up from her work area, "Fine follow me."