iv. cape town (i)

ryan p.o.v.

took you in the vineyard
a couple hours after I met you
didn't need my passport
said I'd let you keep it forever

We were in the airport in Cape Town. Jon and I were getting ready to head in now. I saw Brendon and Spencer standing there , still having shocked and sad expressions on their faces. Who knew that it would end like this?

i hardly knew a thing about you
i got lost in Cape Town
in Cape Town

I walked over to Brendon and Spencer and embraced them both in a hug. Jon did the same. Brendon and I hugged a little bit longer , neither of us wanting to let go of the other.

"It's okay Bren. You and Spencer will make the band the best thing in the world." I say with a reassuring smile on my face.

He just shook his head and held onto me tighter. I felt him breathing harshly against my shirt and I rubbed his back.

"Brendon , don't worry about a thing. Just keep doing what you do. Don't let this effect you. You're a strong guy , I know it. Keep this band going , okay? For me?"

I feel him nod with his head buried in my shoulder. Spencer eventually manages to get him to let go of me. I miss his presence already and I know leaving like this will hurt me even more , it'll hurt all of us.

i saw you
i met you
i loved you
i left you in Cape Town

I truly did love Brendon. This was the hardest goodbye I've ever had to say. He was standing in front of me , crying , and I was trying my best to hold back tears. Jon let a few tears spill out of his eyes and Spencer's eyes looked glassy. We all embraced each other one last time before Jon and I started to head off.

I can't imagine what Brendon is going through right now. He must be devastated , seeing that he started crying in the airport.

woke me in the morning
asked me if I meant it, I didn't
asked to be her husband
she already had one in prison

I didn't feel like waking up this morning , but I know I had to. I couldn't get anything out of my brain. Today , Jon and I were leaving. Brendon and Spencer will be the only members left of our little band.

Brendon got a new boyfriend a few weeks ago as well. I know he's going to treat Brendon right. He'll make sure Brendon is always happy.

I know it was selfish of me to leave the band over some small things. I needed to leave to go after my dreams as well. I didn't want to stay if it meant I couldn't follow what my heart wanted to say. I was going to start a new band that has a different sound than Panic! At The Disco did. This is what I wanted to do , no matter how heartbreaking this is.

i hardly knew a thing about you
i got lost in Cape Town
in Cape Town

I know that no matter what , he'll always find a way to be happy. No matter what or who makes him happy , I'll be greatly appreciative of it. Whatever can makes Brendon , can make me smile.

I know that to Brendon , he'll always see us as best friends. Even though it breaks my heart thinking about it , it keeps him happy. I wasn't going to let my emotions ruin his.

i saw you
i met you
i loved you
i left you in Cape Town
in Cape Town

He and I were best friends. We spent so much time together no matter where we were. Whether or not it was in North America , South America , Europe , wherever. He and I would always find a way to at least hear one another's voice. That was , until a little incident.

ran all out of paper
lost it all in pontoon
when I was in Asia
i forgot how to call you

When he and I didn't talk for a few days , it obviously caused awkwardness and tension. Neither of us liked the feeling , but none of us bothered to do a thing about it. We let it drag on and on until it got to the point where making eye contact was weird.

went out to a graveyard
to bum a couple of flowers
to give to you
when I got back to Cape Town

I remember when he and I first became friends. He was wearing this light purple jacket and red glasses. He was adorably dorky when we first met. Now , he's abandoned his glasses and wore t-shirts and skinny jeans. He and I would always have these movie nights alone on Saturday. Then , we would hang out with the rest of the band the next day. Man , I was going to miss all of this.

(i saw you)
(i met you) To Cape Town
(i loved you)
(i left you) To Cape Town
(i saw you)
(i met you)
(i loved you)
(i left you) To Cape Town
(i saw you)
(i met you) To Cape Town
(i loved you) To Cape Town
(i saw you)
(i met you) To Cape Town
(i loved you)
(i left)

Jon and I walked into the gates to the security check. We saw Brendon and Spencer wave at us one final time before we had to enter the gate. Jon and I waved back and turned to look at the gate. This is going to be a fresh start for us.

Yes , I was going to miss Brendon and Spencer so damn much. Yes , I was going to miss sharing laughs and having movie nights like we normally did. I could feel my heart shatter and we walked through the gate.

It hurt.

It really did.

But I know once you choose a road , there's no turning back , no matter how much you wanted to.

★★★★★

i know this chapter really does suck. i probably don't like this as much as the other ones. this one was just me writing whatever popped into my mind so i know it's a bit random and doesn't really have a plot.

w.c. : 1052