Again and Again

"Joohyun?"

"Taehyung?"

...

Wavy ash-purple hair laid loose on her exposed shoulders, her soft chocolate eyes gazing down at him as she pursed her velvet soft lips, her hands gripping her black purse tightly, as she fidgeted uncomfortably in her black tube dress, a contrast from her milky white skin.

Taehyung averted his eyes from the beauty in front of him-someone who used to be his.

Someone he used to call 'his.'

Realizing that the girl was still standing up, Taehyung coughed and was also about to stand up, a force of habit, thinking of pulling out the blood red elegant chair across him, but Irene was faster as she pulled it out and sat, although hesitantly.

"L-Long time no see...." Her voice was as low and sultry as he remembers as clear as day, but it saddened him seeing that she wasn't comfortable with him.

"It's been...2 or 3 years?"

"3 years, 7 months and 24 days."

'Why did I let you go?'

///

A scream echoed throughout the apartment room 143, where two people were laughing out loud.

"Taehyung-stooop!" Irene grinned as tears formed in the corner of her cat-like eyes, her legs kicking out wildly as a boy younger, but taller than her held her by the waist and lifted her up in the air, spinning her around.

"That's what you get for kissing me without brushing your teeth first!"

Irene stuck out her tongue before jumping out of Taehyung's grip. "As if you haven't done that a million times to me!"

"But you did it after I brushed!"

Irene shrugs before pulling him to the bathroom. "Then let's brush together again!" Taehyung rolled his eyes, yet, his lips grinned.

'You planned this, didn't you?'

As if Irene read his mind, she winks at him.

'Nobody knows me like you do.'

///

"I...I didn't think you were my blind date." Irene said quietly, breaking the icy silence and Taehyung felt a pang of bitterness.

Was this her first blind date? Or is he one out of a million others? Irene looked at him carefully before a ghostly smile became present on her sculpted-like face.

"It was Joy's idea. I've met with only two others. They were just some rich men who talked all about their wealth."

The way Taehyung's eyes glowed with hope, his blond cropped-cut hair brightening if that was even possible, did not went unnoticed by the older girl.

///

"Joohyun?"

"Hm?"

Brown strands of hair fell on Irene's face as she made herself comfortable, sitting in-between Taehyung's legs. He laid his head on hers and wrapped his arms around her as well. Irene's eyes were focused on the television, the only source of light coming from it, its light directly hitting the girl, lightening up her features with her long eyelashes, as her face scrunched up in concentration, her thin lips pouting.

The boy with shaggy brown hair felt a tug on the corner of his lips. "Why did you choose me?"

It was a question he always had in his mind ever since the day Irene decided to run away from her parents' house, avoiding the arrange marriage her family planned out. He was insecure. Irene was out of his reach-the rich girl, the face of Daegu, the girl every man wants, a treasure that Taehyung could never afford.