Love can be deadly - Chapter 7

''Are you serious?'' I asked him surprised and confused. He just nodded. I didn't know what to say and I wasn't sure wether he told me the truth or not. ''I don't know...'' I whispered quietly to myself. Then I looked at him. ''Jeff, I don't know. I mean..I don't know you. You are a total stranger for me. Let..Let me...think about first.'' He sighed and his facial expression turned to his normal, angry one and he said: ''Yea but don't take too long or I'll really kill you.'' I nodded quickly and tried to change the topic.. ''But first of all...May I get some clothes?'' I pointed to the hoodie I was wearing. ''Tch. Okay.'' He mumbled and stood up. Jeff polished his black shirt and went to the door. But before he left he turned around and impended: ''If you try to escape; I will find you and kill you like an pathetic animal. Got it?'' ''Got it.'' I just answered immediately. He went outside but I could hear how he locked the door. I sighed I was a load off my mind when he left the apartment. I kind of liked him. He was a killer but somewhere he was still human. But I couldn't trust him yet and as I see he couldn't trust me either. Now I was alone. I stood up and walked through the room. I had no time to examine everything so I viewed everything that I could find. The black wooden floor creaked with every step I did. I examined the sofa and looked behind the sofa cushion. Suddenly I grabbed something that felt like paper. I took it and saw a photo of two boys. They hugged and they looked similar. I thought it were brothers. The boy on the left looked a little bit younger than the other one. He had long and brown hair and wore a black shirt. The boy on the right had short and brown hair and wore a black sweater and a striped scarf. They seemed very happy. I smiled by looking at it but suddenly I scare stiffed. I examined the boy on the left again and just realized that he reminded me of someone...of Jeff. I immediately folded the photo and put it back. I was sure he didn't want me to see this. 'Maybe he will tell me something about it later.' I thought and just ignored the find. I went into the next room and turned on the little lamp. It was something like a kitchen. A dead rat lay on the dusty floor and at the end of the room stood a small table. I wanted to go back because of the disgusting smell of the rat but I was really hungry. I gave the rat a wide berth and went to the cupboards. I tried to reach them but I wasn't tall enough. I climbed the stove and grabbed a cookie box. ''Already rotten. Oh man.'' I sighed but I took one anyways. It was really hard and tasted addled but I was too hungry to care about it. After eating the cookie I went into the third room. It was a small and dirty bathroom. Blood and water ran down the walls and the whole sink was destroyed, so the floor was full of shards. The toilet smelled gross and it looked like someone tried to drown a corpse in it. I saw a little window across the toilet, so I climbed it and opened the window. Fresh air hit my face and I breathed it in. I suspired and went back to the sofa. I laid down and tried to sleep until he was back. But I just couldn't. So many questions buzzed in my head. I took the photo once again. ''Why are you like this, Jeff...?'' I closed my eyes and thought about him and tried to find answers but then I slowly fell asleep.