Bethrothed

My eyes are red, as I wipe my tears and wear sunglasses. Looking in the mirror, see myself wearing a nice black dress, which is now dirty from kneeling into the ground while the throwing flowers at my parents casket.

My parents passed away in a car accident. They brought me to London when I was a year old. Now I am 17 years old, I had no guardians except my grandparents who lived back in a small country from where my parents were. I have to leave everything I know now and live with them.

May be it will be a new start, I tried to console myself.

I was leaving tonight my airplane to my grandparents. I had packed all my stuff, I was just going through my parents stuff.

When I found a letter with my name on it. I started reading it.

Dear Lily,
If you are reading this letter, that means we are dead and you are below 18. We love you very much darling, we will always love you. We don't have much left in property or cash in London, but we have left you a big mansion left in your name. We would like to tell you something else, I hope you take it well. Lily you are betrothed to our friends son, in our homeplace. We know we shouldn't have taken such a step, but that's how things worked there. But we promise you will be happy trust me. I also have a loop hole in this if you don't love him at the end of the year, you can get a divorce no questions asked. But baby just for us, please try to work this marriage. You can live in the Lily manor after you get married.

Yours lovingly,
Your parents

I read the letter and let the shock sink in.