Not All Meet-n-Greets Are Fun

This is my first story I've written so please cut me some slack. I mean, I'm in the process of collaborating with lil_tomlinson99 writing a fan fic about One Direction. But this is my first solo story so I hope you enjoy. :)

-------------------------------------

"Kyara, get up!" My best friend screamed in my ear, "we're going to be late if your don't get up now! I know you take forever to get ready!"

I looked at her without opening my eyes. She slapped me across the face with a loud smack.

"What the actual fuck was that for?" I screamed at the top of my lungs, shooting my eyes open and glaring at her.

"You weren't getting up so I made you!" She yelled equally as loud. "Now get ready!" She said while throwing some clothes at me.

I knew she had good style but our styles are completely different. She's edgy-girly. Boy bands and combat boots. I, on the other hand, was scene. Black with random bright colours, mostly neon pinks and greens.

I looked at the clothes she threw me and looked at her skeptically.

"What?" She questioned.

I threw the clothes back at her and flung the covers over my body to walk to my closet, not hers. Which is where she got the clothes she threw at me just a second ago, her closet.

"You know I don't dress like you! Yes, I wear combat boots but I don't wear them with bleached shorts and a girly shirt!" I said rolling my eyes.

"It's called a top, what you wear is a shirt." She mumbled.

I shot her a glare and she went to the bathroom for god knows why.

I looked through my closet and found the perfect outfit. I grabbed my clothes and laid it out on the bed examining it once more.

The crop top had three skulls on it. On the front skull the fingers were covering the eyes then the two were regular skulls. I paired that shirt with a high waisted jeans and at the knees it faded into white. The shoes I wore just about everyday, my combat boots. They were black leather and had a few studs. Perfect.

I went through my jewellery box and picked out a plain metal skull and earrings. I couldn't decide between their matching necklace, or a poison bottle one. I finally decided after a good 2 minutes of standing there, that the bottle would be good due to the skulls. I, then, decided I would wear a belt. I grabbed my studded belt. I laid it out on my still unmade bed and stared for a while.

"How long does it take for you to pick one outfit?" A voice said behind me, emphasising the one in that sentence.

"Holy God! You scared me!" I turned around facing Brianna. "What do you think?"

"I think Paul and Danny will look at you funny. A emo freak is at their meet and greet!" She said laughing and nudged me.

"Hey! I am not a freak!" I laughed with her but then got serious realising the pain while I laugh.

"What's wrong? I was just kidding." She asked hesitantly.

"Nothing." I said flatly before I grabbed my well thought-out outfit.

I walked to the bathroom and set my stuff on the counter. I looked at myself in the mirror and it took at lot of will-power to not punch myself in the mirror. I looked down at the floor and realised I needed a shower. I started taking of my shirt when Brianna burst through the door. I rushed to pull down my shirt.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I almost yell.

"I figured you were already in the shower. I just wanted to say we have a little over an hour to get ready." She said as she retreated out of the bathroom.