Chapter I- New Beginnings?

One year.

It's been exactly one year since you'd left that hotel, one year since the time you'd decided that you had to set right everything you'd destroyed. One year since you'd decided to set your heart straight, face it and with it all of your choices.

One year since the last time you felt his touch, you heard his voice. One year since you looked in his eyes, spotted that familiar shine, felt his arms around you, his soft breath against your skin. Exactly one year since your fingers graced his cheek, since his soft voice caused your heart to skip a beat.

It felt like eternity to you. It felt like that specifically because you had to force yourself to move on. All this time had been spent to one of the most difficult battles you've ever had to face in your life; one against both your mind and your heart. You had to force those whispers of nostalgia, those echoes of longing for even a "hi" from him to silence. Your mind could, naturally, understand the reason behind his decision to simply not bother anymore, but your heart, stubbornly enough, couldn't.

So you fought it harder, you had to. With drinks, with parties, with work; you had tried every trick in the book. And it had worked, as right then you were sitting in a small, coffee place in the center of Paris enjoying your warm beverage as across you sat Lucas. Lucas was a tall, blonde, blue eyed tennis player you'd met only some months ago and you'd hit it off right away. You enjoyed your time together, he could make you laugh anytime he wanted, he was sweet and understanding; basically, he was perfect, the sort of perfect a girl in her teens dreams of.

" So, there is this gala dinner in a week or something, in Milan. It's organized by the Novak Djokovic Foundation, it's for charity purposes. Would you be interested?", he asked sweetly, and you simply smiled as you nodded.

" Of course, especially since it's for charity. I think my boss told me something about it too, but didn't pay too much attention to it. I must have been busy . ", you added, and he grinned.

" Definitely, since Armani is supporting the event too... Sounds like a plan then; there will be music, and a bit of dancing as I've been informed. The only question that remains is : What one wears, in an event like that?", he said while raising his eyebrow, and you smirked.

" You can leave that up to me.".

You paid for your drinks and both stood up, as Lucas had to go to practice and you had to return to work. He kissed you softly and then looked at you.

" So, an event in Milan... Does that mean we're official yet?", he said, and the smirk graced your lips once again.

" Oh don't rush it. Merely being in a tux doesn't make you a groom.", you said, and it was his turn to raise his eyebrow. You laughed silently as he pretended to be hurt by your words and proceeded to hug him while running your hands through his hair.

It doesn't feel the same, it simply doesn't.

You squeezed your eyes tightly, an effort to silent that voice in your head as you said your goodbye to Lucas and headed to your workplace.

As you kept walking, you looked around, and felt yourself unable to stop your mind from wondering, from trying to reach back in time and change everything; you couldn't escape the nostalgia. However, you had to bring yourself back to reality, you had to accept the facts.

You had waited long enough.