The Teachers Pet

" Mom do I really have to go to school?" Millie questioned looking about the car window.

It was already her second day here and she already hated it.

" Yes Millie, you do. " Her mother replied placing her hand on Millie's left shoulder.

Millie rolled her eyes in response.
" We barley moved here yesterday, why can't I just start next week? " Millie asked moving away from her mother.

" Come on Millie, don't give me a hard time you know I'm tired, school can't be that bad. " Her mother responded.

Millie's mother pulled into the school parking lot parking her car right in front of the school.

" Do this for us. " Her mother then said once again placing her hand on Millie's shoulder.

Millie ignored her mother and quickly just got out of the car and rushed inside her new school.

-

" So Mr.Brown, how do you like it here so far? " The principal asked as they were walking to his office.

" It's alright. " Millie responded trying not to sound sad.

" I'm going to have one of my student assistance show you around the school today. " The principle then said guiding Millie into his office. " He'll be here any minute, you just wait here. " He then said pointing at the chair that stood still at the other side of the room.

Millie was nervous, very nervous. All she could think about was Los Angeles. Where her real home was. " This is our home now. " Her mothers words repeated in her read over and over.
" No mom, this isn't our home, and it will never be. " Millie would think to herself.

Millie's daydreaming was interrupted by a nock at the office door.

" Well that must be him right now. " The principal then said getting up from is chair heading towards the door.

" How are you Finn? " The principal asked guiding him into his office.

Millie's head shot up and she looked straight at Finn. They both made eye contact for a split second, but Millie quickly turned away.

" I'm Finn. " The brown haired boy then said putting out his hand waiting for Millie to shake it.

Millie, although didn't want to, slowly put her hand out. " And I'm Millie. "
She then said in a quiet voice.

" Now Finn, I want you to show Millie around the school today, you know, help her get to know the place. " The principal then said sitting back down in his chair.

" I'd love to. " Finn replied looking at Millie. He then slowly opened the door and waited for Millie to exit the room.

-

" So when did you move here? " Finn asked as they walked the school halls.

" Barley yesterday. " Millie replied trying not to sound nervous.

" Wow, your parents made you come to school the second day you move to a new town, that must suck. " Finn then said looking at Millie.

" Yeah no shit. " Millie replied rolling her eyes. She didn't want to be there, she didn't want to be with Finn, she didn't want to be in school, and he didn't want to be in Canada.

" You don't have to be such a bitch you know. " Finn then said.

Millie stopped walking in shock of what Finn just said. But Finn, he kept walking, and he didn't care if Millie was with him or not.

" Hey! " Millie yelled trying to catch up to Finn. " Just because you're the teachers pet that doesn't mean you can go around calling me names." Millie then said finally caught up to Finn.

" Now that's what everyone thinks. " Finn paused. " I'm only helping out because if I don't get good grades my parents will kick me out, I could care less about this place. " Finn replied leaning against one of the school lockers.

" Well, since you're the teachers pet, you should really start acting like it. " Millie said biting down on her bottom lip.

" Well, since you're the cutest looking girl I've met you should really start acting like it. " Finn replied once again walking ahead of Millie.

" Should I consider that as a compliment? " Millie asked jokingly.

" A compliment? " " No of course not. "
Finn replied giving Millie a little nudge.

" We should hang out sometime. "
Finn then blurted out.

" You call me a bitch then five minutes later you want to hang out with me? " Millie asked in confusion.

" Well I guess that's a no then. " Finn replied jokingly pouting at Millie.

" I never said no Finn. " Millie replied grinning at Finn.

" Well then it looks like I'll be seeing you once again, brown eyes. " Finn said winking at Millie.

Millie couldn't help but smile at Finn as he walked away.

" Sure you will. "

-

Hey guys ! Im so so excited to start this book I have so many plans. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, it was pretty simple, but things will get way more interesting in the future.