Chapter 26: Explaining

~Previous Chapter~

"Why the hell are you so late back Rei?" came Yata's rude reply but deep down he was genuinely worried.

'...I really don't understand why they care so much..when I left them before..'

"Rei will tell us why she came this late" Izumo pushed his body from the wall and walked to the bar counter.

"It's getting late.., I'll explain to you all tomorrow..." I mutter softly to myself but loud enough for them to hear.

"We have time Rei...so sit down and explain" Mikoto ordered while narrowing his amber eyes as if saying 'I won't take no for an answer'.

I softly bite the inside my cheek in annoyance but non the less went along with it.

I make my way with Anna still in my arms, to the red couch where Mikoto sat. I settled Anna on the couch between me and Mikoto and made myself comfortable.

"All of you take a seat....this might get ugly..." was my only reply while I watched Totsuka and Yata quickly sit down on the bar chairs.

'....Here it goes...'

~Back To The Chapter~

*Rei's Point Of View*

"...For starters I don't want any of you interrupting me when I'm explaining" I tell them while looking at them all in the eyes. Unfortunately, the only reply I got was quietness.

'I had a gut feeling they will ignore what I just said to them' I let out a long sigh and clear my throat.

"I went out for a walk as usual-" before I could carry on I was interrupted by Totsuka.

"That doesn't explain the fact that you ran into 'little trouble' Rei" he states while giving me a hard look.

"Well you didn't let me continue Totsuka.." I give him a sharp stare while sighing in annoyance.
"As I was saying before I was interrupted, I went out for a walk. After I walked around for some time I decided to head back here-" I began to say before I was again interrupted but not by Totsuka but Anna.

"Rei...your red is becoming more red and deep in colour...it's even warmer than before....whys that?" she asks me while scouting closer to me. I let my gaze fall down to her tilted face and let out a low sigh.

"It's nothing Anna...no need to worry yourself about it" I answer her question. She wraps her small arms around my stomach and leans close to my warm form.

"You make it sound like there is something wrong Rei.." Izumo cuts in the conversation Anna was having with me while blond brows drew together over flashing brown eyes under black sunglasses. I turn my gaze to him while a faint sense of irritation touched my light brown orbs, as quickly as it came it vanished and was instead replaced with boredom.

*Izumo's Point Of View*

"Didn't I just say that there was nothing wrong with me?" her light brown orbs reflected the slight sense of mockery in her tone. I shift my gaze to Mikoto as I see him give Rei a hard stare.

'...Mikoto's patience is running short...' I sweat drop while pushing my sunglasses up.

"...I started making my way back but my path was blocked-" Rei jet again gets interrupted but now by Yata.

"Your path was blocked by what exactly?" he asks her.

".......By some cloaked figures....." Rei answers after some seconds.

"Cloaked figures you say..." I mutter quietly to myself. She nods and leans her back slowly on the couch, careful not to hurt Anna's arms that were around her stomach.

'Anna slept while hugging Rei....she's always been fond of Rei right from the very start she met her...' A faint smile touching the corners of my mouth and warming my gaze.

*Rei's Point Of View*

'I'm surprised Anna slept while hugging me...she usually does that when she's near Mikoto....' I barely noticeable smile appears on my face. I tear my gaze away from Anna and look at Mikoto who has is amber eyes closed.

'I wonder if he listened to what I said..'

"Are you done looking at me Rei?" Mikoto opens his eyes lazily while smirking.

"Don't get so full of yourself Red King" I give him a blank look while rolling me eyes. His smirk widens while his posture changes.

'What I would give to go to my room and just sleep...'