Chapter 1: The Jam

Lorelai's POV

It was a normal morning in the Gilmore house. I was just waking up at 11 am. Chris was already up and dressed. Making pancakes in the kitchen. I was so happy to have him. He was different from the "others". We clicked. Our minds run on the same track. Most of the time. Everybody knows that nobody could ever completely and fully run on the same track as my mind.

" Hey Chris " I said. As I patted him on the shoulder. I sat down at the table and smiled up at him. "Hey Lore" he said kissing my cheek. I shook my head as he put a plate of  pancakes in front of me.  " You shouldn't have" I said in a playful voice. I laughed an drowned the pancakes in syrup.

He sat down and smiled. 

" Is Rory coming tonight?" He asked.

" Yes. She is coming a 12:00. We are going to go shopping for a dress for me for Rory's graduation. Then I need to got shopping for food."

" You are going to cook tonite?" He said looking stunned. 

" No of coarse not. You will." I said. Like it is a fact that everybody should know, because it is.

" Are you sure Lore? I mean I could teach you a thing or two on cooking."  He mumbled through a mouthful of pancakes.

I made and fake phone out of my hand, and said 'ring, ring'. 

"Yes sir, I would like the police department." I said while looking at Chris. " Hello, yes, I would like to file an assault against the Gilmore name...... Yes, I was asked to cook." Chris took my hand and said into it, " False alarm, false alarm." Then pretended to hang up.

" Okay, okay, I get it you don't want to cook." He said smiling. I nodded then stood up. I went into the living room then shouted, " I am going to go upstairs and get ready. Rory will be here in an hour. I will be ready in half-n-hour."

 I then ran upstairs and started to get ready. I went to Lukes and got some nice coffe to start my day. Things are getting a little less weird between me and him. 

We are actually starting to talk again and when we do it isn't akward. The only thing that is akward is when we talk and the whole town goes silent listening to us. Chris still doesn't like him, but doesn't mind it too much if we have to go to Lukes.

"Hey Luke"

" Hey Lorelai, so your usual coffe? To go?"

"Yes, today Rory is coming to visit and I have got a busy day at the Inn"

" Ok. Coming right up." 

After a minute or two he handed me a cup of coffe. I left and gave him a quick smile before I did. As I walked passed the front of the diner, I saw him staring at me. I shrugged it off and continued walking.

When I got home from the Inn Chris was in the kitchen cooking for tonite. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek and went upstairs to get ready. 

After about 30 minutes I heard a knocking at the door downstairs. I smiled knowing it was Rory. I ran downstairs and opened the door.

" Long time no see!" I exclaimed. Embracing her in a hug. She dropped her suitcase and laughed hugging me back. 

She closed the front door. Then got embraced into another hug from Chris. 

" I missed ya kiddo." he whispered in her year. 

" Missed you too." She whispered back.

The last time they were to gether they got into a real big fight and said some mean things. I am glad things are better now.

" So, are you guys ready to eat? Then watch a marathon of this new Movie Series, I think it is call The Hunger Games. "  Lorelai questioned.

"Sure. That sounds great mom." 

So, Chris went to the kitchen table and sat down, while Lorelai and Rory took all the food into the living room. He laughed and got up. Murmuring, " I should have known" under his breath.