Chapter 2

Violet and I make our way out of the bedroom and into the small seating area. Both my mother and jack are waiting for us at the door. There is a cafeteria and a school in the centre of each set of complexes. That way, there is no need for transportation . As for jobs, they usually pick a job that is close to you. As we walk to the cafeteria, my mother and Violet chat about their schedules for the day and my brother babbles on about his birthday coming up in a few weeks. I pretend to listen attentively to the list of potential jobs he believes could be appointed to him now that he is turning 13 . He's naive to think the choice will be made according to what he says are his most evident skills and abilities, because he will most likely be in farming, health services or cleaning as those are the job centers closest to us. I've been in farming since I turned thirteen. My daily tasks have mainly involved feeding and caring for animals until it is time for them to be killed for food. When I was a kid, it was hard to see them go but I've grown used to it and I'm just thankful I'm not the one who has to kill them. If there is one thing the government doesn't believe in, it's waste. Nothing is important unless it brings something useful for humanity, and if it does, they waste no time on exploiting it.

We finally get to the cafeteria and enter through the big glass doors. I sigh as I walk towards the excruciating long line. I impatiently wait, and although the cafeteria is full with loud, mindless chatter, I'm sure at least ten of the people in front of me can hear the embarrassingly loud growls leaving my stomach. I get to the front of the line up and watch as the lazy eyed, grumpy woman plumps a handful of what looks like grey glob onto my plate.

"Do you want a hard boiled egg or beans with that" the beans look mushy and wet and the hard boiled egg is a shade if green.

"As appetizing as thy both look, I'll just have a glass if milk"

"Suit yourself" She hands me the glass of milk and I make my way to the table where my family is already seated. I begin to dive into what is supposed to pass as a meal and attempt to swallow the grey, clumpy stuff on my plate. You think I would be used to the disgusting taste of the cafeteria food but I think there are some things you just can't get used to.

"And that is why I want to be a Red Helmet" my brother says with confidence, as he takes a bite of his hard boiled egg.

My mother and Violet immediately stop talking and turn their heads towards Jack. I drop my fork on the table and snap my head towards him

"What? You want to be what?" I snap.

"A Red Helmet. In school they taught as all about them and one even came for a presentation! He had this really cool gun that can shoot bullets so fast people can't even dodge them!" He pretends to take a gun out from his side and shoot it.

The young man sitting beside my brother, who had begun to listen to him attentively, let out a laugh. "A Red Helmet? My mother is the chief commander and let me tell you something buddy- if it wasn't for all those brave men, there would be no justice in this world. It's good to see people like you aspire to take justice and peace into your own hands"

I can feel anger boiling from my chest as Jack shyly looks up at him and gives him a proud smile.

Before I can stop myself from starting a scene, I direct myself to the guy sitting next to him "What" I say a little to loudly, attracting the attention if a few more people seated at the table. "Red Helmets are all but a representation of justice. Do you have any idea what they do to people "

"Well," He cooly responds, seemingly unaffected by my harsh tone of voice, "It is called the law for a reason"

I should probably mention I have never had the best temper, but usually, I wouldn't direct myself with this much anger towards someone I just met. Usually, I try to be respectful of other people's opinions despite the fact that most of them are downright stupid. But this man is encouraging my little brother to become part of a clan of monsters and selling them to be some sort of angles of justice.

"Law?!" I let out an exasperated laugh. " Well your idea of crime is pretty fucked up. How can you people let them fill your head with such bullshit"

Still composed as ever, he continues to fire back, "Who? My dad? All the presidents before him? Because they're the very reason why you're even alive"

His dad? Confused, I take in for the first time his green orbs and his chocolate colored, curly hair and the familiar charming know-it-all smile that has been plastered on "I will lead this nation to prosperity" posters all around town . This idiot who I'm arguing with is no other but the devil's offspring- otherwise known as- President Styles' son- Harry Styles.

A/N: I just wanted to thank those if you who have taken the time to read these first couple of chapters, it really does mean a lot to me. Please continue to read, I really hope you enjoy it! Xx