Chapter Nineteen

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, a dull pain in my neck. I needed to stop waking up in random places.

"Juliet," a voice called, "Hey, look at me." I glanced to the side of the bed and saw Chloe standing there.

"Where am I this time?" I groaned, sitting up in the large bed.

"I can't tell you that," she replied. I looked around, it was a simply furnished room with a large window on one wall. Outside the window, all I could see were trees and the baby blue sky, it looked like a perfect sunny day.

"Where's Leonardo?" I continued.

"I can't tell you," Chloe repeated.

"Elliot?"

"I can't-"

"Tell me," I groaned, finishing for her.

"Sorry Juliet," she said kindly. I brought two fingers to the bandages on my neck and winced as they touched the place Leonardo marked me. Why did it still hurt? I thought it would have healed by now.

"Don't touch it!" Chloe chastised. I rolled my eyes and slowly got out of bed. I was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a cotton tee. That was another thing I needed to put a stop to, other people dressing me.

"What are you doing?" Chloe questioned as she stepped in front of me.

"Since you won't help me," I began, "I'm going to get some answers myself." I tried to go around her but she stopped me again.

"Sorry Juliet, I can't let you do that."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't, you almost died last night. You need to rest."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." I turned back towards the bed before quickly spinning around and successfully weaving past her. I got to the door before she could catch me but as soon as I threw it open, I saw Luis standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Let me through," I commanded.

"I can't do that," Luis replied calmly.

"So I'm being held captive now?"

"When you say it like that it sounds like we're doing a bad thing," Chloe replied.

"How is kidnapping in any form going to sound like you're doing a good thing!?" I yelled.

"I hardly call it kidnapping Juliet," Luis scoffed.

"It's more like protective custody," Chloe added.

"Where's Elliot?" I asked Luis.

"Can't say."

"I want to talk to him."

"He's busy."

"Doing what?"

"Stuff."

I narrowed my eyes and stomped back to the bed. I sat down and as soon as I did, there was a pain in my chest. It wasn't a physical pain but I could feel it in my heart.

"Something's wrong," I stated seriously, trying to decipher the feeling.

"What do you mean Juliet?" Chloe questioned, "Does your neck hurt?"

"I don't know, I-" I jumped up in realization before I could finish my sentence. "Leonardo's hurt, he's being hurt, I-, I need to go." I could feel him now, sense him, even without being marked successfully.

Chloe and Luis exchanged a glance, they were hiding something. "If either of you know something," I said with all the authority I had, "you need to tell me."