chapter 2: Genius!

Chapter 2: Genius! 

The next day, Albus observed young Harry during breakfast. He saw that he wasn't touching his food and Ronald Weasley was trying to make Harry eat. Albus understood what was going on in Harry's mind. "Of course, like every other person who had seen his deepest desire in the mirror, Harry felt nothing else seemed to matter anymore except seeing the mirror again...", thought Albus Dumbledore as he saw them get up and leave the Great Hall. 

Albus Dumbledore paced his study as he was wondering what defense he should put regarding the philosopher's stone. "Something which can give the stone only if the person wants it to protect it... not to use it... ". He had promised he'd help his dear friend Nicholas in keeping it safe and had asked Hagrid to get it from Gringotts because he knew it was easy to steal it from there and as he read the news the day Hagrid brought the stone, he realized he had been correct in thinking so. Now the stone lay on his desk as he continued to think as to how to protect it. Continuing to think, he realized it had become dark and he hadn't eaten dinner. Thus Albus, lost in his thoughts, started for the kitchens. 

As he walked he heard some moaning and whispering what seemed to be coming from the adjacent corridor. He decided to check and heard a voice tell with excitement, "its here- just here-yes!" "Ah young Harry has come back to the mirror", Albus thought. As he continued on his way, while passing the door, he heard a loud shout in the voice of Ronald Weasley."Ah so Harry got Ronald with him... let's see what is going on", Albus decided as he cast the disillusionment charm on himself and entered the room to listen to Ronald telling Harry what he sees in the mirror. Albus stayed and listened as the boys continued their conversation and started to push each other to see the mirror. A sudden noise put an end to the conversation and the boys realized how loudly they had been talking and hid under the invisibility cloak just as Mrs.Norris entered the room. As soon as she left, he heard whispering and footsteps and the door opened and closed again. 

Albus found himself walking towards the mirror but this time his mind was still trying to figure out how to hide the stone. When he stood in front of the mirror, he thought "Of course! The mirror can help me in this way! Only a person who wants to protect it may be able to get the stone out of the mirror. A person who wants to use it in any way may not be able to obtain the stone from the mirror...genius! ", he chuckled as he decided he'll have to ask Filch to move the mirror tomorrow and started once again to the kitchens as he felt more hungry than ever before.