14

Leo was just in disbelief as Luna danced in front of him, cooking breakfast, and managing to sing her little heart out. Leo just held back against the freestanding island and held his chin. He didn't think it would be possible, a wolf and lion mating and creating a child. I mean maybe their human bodies had something to do with the biology of it all but what about the supernatural? What would it be? Wolf? Lion? Both?

What if it turned out deformed or even barely capable of surviving on its own. Fear started to creep into his thoughts but Luna just jumped in front of him, placing the first of the serving plates and shaking her body next to him. He forgot about the fear and watched his girl dance around him.

"Luna?" He said finally speaking to her after days of silence. He couldn't even comprehend anything she said after the news. Francesca was happy for her of course and Frederick was slightly disgusted and jealous; that even what he considered to be an abomination to both their species, resulted in Luna being with child.

Leo stared frozen in space thinking about every little irresponsible thing he's ever done and matched it to this moment. Being a father wasn't on his list of things to do yet and Luna being so open and forward with it scared him more. It scared him that she was more ready for this battle than he was.

Rosa, of course, felt super embarrassed and childish. It wasn't what she expected or hoped but no one was dead. She looked around and watched her older sister hug Luna happily but felt the bitterness as she then turned to her and gave a sheepish smile. Rosa knew the love her sister had for Luna ran deeper than what she had for her. She was beginning to feel the displacement amongst her siblings again. It was bad enough that their half-siblings hated them by default because of their name and who their mother was.

Liam of course just laughed. He didn't care and was glad the fact his brother knocked up the girl so he would have something else to worry about than him. And as for Rosa, he didn't acknowledge the ability for it to happen because it would mean that Rosa had sex. That she had unprotected sex with someone that wasn't met by the family. He snapped his head at her and glared. He now had to hunt down the guy who spoiled his sister and gave him two niblings instead of one.

"Leo?" Luna asked. "Leo? Breakfast is ready."

He sat down in the alcove just off the dining room. She followed behind with the tray and placed in on the center of the table. She took off her apron and held out her hands.

"Ta da!" She smiled. "Banana chocolate chip pancakes with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, oh and your home-fried potatoes just the way you like them."

He looked up at her smiling face and couldn't help himself. "Luna, you're pregnant..."

"Yes." She replied.

"How do you know that for sure?"

"I felt it."

"You felt it? So you haven't taken a test?"

"No, I did that too. I did it three times actually, but I knew I was a few days after our first night together."

He rubbed his face, "My Gods."

"Are you angry?" She asked confused.

"No, no, I'm just..." He sighed. "Unprepared."

"Unprepared? There's nothing to be prepared for." She said. "We have some time before the babies come."

"Babies?" He asked. "Meaning more than one?"

"Well, wolves are known to have multiple children, but who knows now," She shrugged and stole a pancake and filled it with sides before closing it and eating it like a taco. "I'm starving and I literally just ate."