1

It started out a normal day, except for one thing. James was woken up by a buzz from his phone, which was sitting on the table next to his bed.

"Ugh... what time is it?" He looked at his alarm clock. "6 A.M? Why would someone be calling me right now?"

He then rubbed his eyes, and inspected his phone. It was his friend, Jaiden.

Jaiden was another YouTuber, and they were best friends. James felt almost like she was a sister, but not like his twin sister. There was something... more... to it.

He answered the phone:

"Hey, Jaiden, is something wrong?" He asked her, still sounding half asleep.

"Uh... kind of... were you asleep?"

James, not wanting her to feel bad, lied.

"No, I woke up about ten minutes ago, I thought I heard something. I didn't, it was just in my head. What's wrong?"

"Um... it's kinda something... uh..." Jaiden struggles as she tried to find the right words to explain her situation.

"Jaiden, come on. We're best friends, you can tell me anything!"

"Okay, you promise you won't make fun of me? Cause if you do, I will kill you."

James knew something was wrong, he could hear it in her voice.

"I would never make fun of you! Something is wrong... I can tell... do you want me to come to your place? Would that make you more comfortable?"

Jaiden accepted his offer. "Actually, it would make me feel a lot better."

"Okay, give me like 10 minutes, and I'll be over there."

"Sounds great, and... thank you, James, for being my friend."

"Uh... you're welcome."

"... See you in a few!" Jaiden said, enthusiastically, but not happily.

"See ya!"

He then hung up on her. 'Something's wrong, I can just feel it.' He thought to himself. He then got ready, and got in his car and started driving.