Chapter 12. The Living Girl

"I don't want you guys to lose sight of yourself because you doubt and hate me. I want to see you embody Hope" -Nagito Komaeda

Jessicas POV

I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the light which was barely seen through the darkness. My stomach growled with hunger, and my mouth was dry. I look around, the only light source was from above. It seemed like I was in a garbage shoot?

Literally all I see is trash.
(A/N: me)
Empty water bottles and wrappers lay beside me. It is freezing cold down here, lucky to be alive though. Luckily I landed on a pile of ripped blankets, securing my fall. But, however my arm was bleeding still from the sudden impact.

I guess that hole was just a garbage shoot. I get up slowly, stumbling a little. All of a sudden I hear a door open. I look around and see...

Elizabeth?

"Oh, so I was right. You are down here" she says walking towards me.
She throws me a bag, it contained food and water. I never knew how hungry I was until I took a bite of that apple. I finished the food and drank the water.

"Um...you have something on your head.." I point to her head. There was a empty chip bag and a water bottle on her head. She wipes the things of her head, looking embarrassed.

"How did you get here?" I ask her.
She holds up a key.
"Found this key to unlock all things. It's Monobears. He doesn't know" she says. " let's go, before anyone gets suspicious of where I am"

"How do we get out of here?" I ask.
She goes over to a door and opens it. There inside, is a ladder.
We climb the ladder one step by another.
With that, I almost fall to my death.
"Hey, I can't catch you. You know?" She says to me.
"Y-yeah" I say stuttering.
We make it up to the top and we enter the trap door. The trap door, leading to the trash room. We head to the lobby where everyone is.

"Jessica!?!" Everyone exclaims.

Everyone starts talking at the same time.
"I thought you were dead?"
"Then who killed that girl?"
"I am soooo sorry that we blamed you!"

That was, until Elizabeth spoke up.

"SHUT UP WILL YOU?"

Everyone goes silent.
"We have a class trial tomorrow morning, be prepared. We need to find out the killer of this woman and the secrets of this island. We have no time to talk about other things. Everyone go find as many clues as possible, no more sitting around. When you are finished I would like you all to go back to your cabin and rest. Tomorrow might be our last day.." She mumbles the last part. Everyone gets a move on.

"You." She points at me." Are going to have to catch up. We need all the information we can get"

"O...Kay" I say.

3rd person POV
Everyone looks for clues around the island. All the doors have been unlocked for searching. Once the midnight calling begins, everyone goes to bed. They all know that tomorrow might be their last day alive.

One person, will die tomorrow. One.

But who will it be?

A/N: short chapter. 2nd to last chapter.