CHAPTER 9

"Ivona, do you hear me?"
I opened my eyes to see an old man in a white suit glancing over my face.
"Where am I?"
"You're safe now, don't worry"
He checked me out one last time and turned around to some other person.
"She's weak. She went trough some physically and psychologically hard period. She'll need a lot of rest and keep her warm. She can't leave the house, I'll come in 2 days to check in."
He got up and talked with someone. I turned around. It was David's house. And he was talking to him. Anger filled me up, and I immediately got up.
"Cough"
"You need to stay here, Belle. No excuses"
David guided him to the do the door while I tried to get up again. I stand up and immediately started falling again. David ran towards me to catch me.
"Your stubbornness isn't going to bring you anywhere"
"Don't touch me, you jerk"
"You're under my roof, you have no rights to call me names"
"I wish I wasn't. I can't believe I ever even tought of coming to you when it's hard out of all people I could've come to. You are just selfish and rude. God, I wish I never met you"
He stood back, clearly hurt. I sat back on the couch feeling sorry for what I said, but he should feel sorry even more. He left me sick on the street. I could've got raped by that man. What an obnoxious pig.
We haven't talked until dinner.
"I ordered a pizza"
"Fine"
I went to the couch and laid there thinking about how stupid all of this is. Half hour later a pizza man delievered a pizza. He came to my room.
"Don't you want to eat?"
"No"
"C'mon, you gotta eat at this point"
"I don't want anything from you"
He cut out few slices of pizza in a plate and put it on a cofee table beside me. I didn't eat. Late night, I was feeling better. My head didn't hurt, so I turned on the TV. I wanted to be strong, but pizza was stronger. I had to eat it. Soon, I heard David coming so I left the pizza pretending angry and tense.
"Oh, someone ate the pizza"
"Your cat ate it..."
"Hahahah"
He didn't have a cat.
"Okay then, I hope it'll be enough food to keep her hormones stable"
I trew a magazine at him and continued watching.
"Why weren't you in school?"
"The doctor said I need to stay home and take care of my... cat"
"Did you tell him that you left her sick on the street last night?"
He got quiet.
"And that she almost got raped?"
"I'm sorry... I..."
He sat on the couch beside me and grabbed his head.
"I don't know what to do. I've been going trough some ultimately hard stuff lately and then you came and got sick which was all my fault and I couldn't take care of you cause I don't even know how to take care of myself" he was tired.
"I'm sorry, Belle... I don't know"
I got up and hugged him around his back.
"And this... between us... is just crazy. We love, and we hate constantly"
"I'm sorry too.. I don't even know why I came to you. I only am a problem. I don't want to be your problem, David. I'll leave as soon as I get better"
"That's the worst you can do"
"Why?"
"Because I... I want you in my life... I miss you. But I'm not able to keep you and it's killing me"
I hugged him even more tightly. He looked like he was about to cry.
"I can't stand you like this, please don't..."
He turned around to catch my stare. Then he took my arm and held it in his, not moving his eyes off of me.
"I'll carry you to bead"
"I can walk it's fine"
"No" he picked me up in his hands and put me in his bed.
"I'm going to sleep on couch..." I saw how much he wanted to stay here.
"We can share a spot"
He smiled and ran into bead. We looked at each others eyes in the dark. Saying nothing, but screaming to each other until we fell asleep.